CD-RW 700MB disc have only 530MB after format?

vbimport

Hi ! can't find this within the forum, I've a 700Mb CD-RW from KDT, label as 700MB, when I format it using the Lite-on 24102B, DirectCD, it only have about 530MB, how to get it to be 700 MB ?

Thanks

i think direct-cd needs some space too on the disc
It uses the space so it knows were the files are.

If you format if with DirectCD/InCD/Mount rainier format you will not be able to use all the space.

If you write it just like a normal CD-R disc without formatting it you may use up to 700Mb.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]If you format if with DirectCD/InCD/Mount rainier format you will not be able to use all the space.

If you write it just like a normal CD-R disc without formatting it you may use up to 700Mb. [/B]

So is there any way to recover the lost space ? The data in the CDRW is not important.

Just erase the CD-RW again. Most programs have an option to do that.

But there is no way to get 700Mb & the CD-RW formatted with the UDF file system at the same time.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Just erase the CD-RW again. Most programs have an option to do that.

But there is no way to get 700Mb & the CD-RW formatted with the UDF file system at the same time. [/B]

Thanks for the info.

The problem I see is that DirectCD won’t go past 74min/650MB when formatting in UDF.

534MB is normal for a 650MB UDF CD-RW, but not for a 700MB one.

I have a few 75min CD-RWs from Imation/CMC Magnetics That had the same amount of free space as 74min discs after formatting with DirectCD. When I formatted them again after switching to Nero InCD, the 75min discs had a couple extra MB on them.

I’d suggest updating DirectCD to the latest version. If that doesn’t work, then look into Nero InCD.