Cd-rs not playing in stereo

vbimport

hi im brand new here and i just got a samsung 52x cd-writer on my windows 98. i picked up a pack of memorex cd-rs and tried burning a couple cds, one at 52x and one at 4x, the fastest and slowest respectively. anyway, neither of those burned cds played in my car stereo, which is a 2000 or in my home stereo, an aiwa. does anybody have any suggestions or do i have to buy software?

how are you burning them as .mp3 or as .wav? most stereo’s either being car or home wont play .mp3’s unless it states it does.

not all cd players are capable of playing cdrs either. are u sure urs can?

hey that was actually what i was thinking about. im using nero 5.5 and at first started burning them as .mp3s but read that trying .wavs might work. the only problem is that to burn using .wav files you have to download this software and it is only available for windows 98SE, which i dont have. (atleast i dont think it is available for regular windows 98)

i remember my home stereo would play them but suddenly stopped, ive only tried a few .mp3 burned ones in my car stereo though and nothing.

what os are you using? if it works in 98se it will more than likely work on other windows versions

im prertty sure EAC can write .wav files

nero 5.5 has an audio cd layout that u can use to burn the .wavs with.

my mistake, i meant .wma files. i ended up converting about ten songs from wma into wav and then burned them on 4x. i tried it out but the cd wouldnt even read again.

so im guessing its just my cd player that doesnt work and there really isnt anything i can do to fix it then?

I am not sure why this would not work.

Are you sure you’re burning an audio CD and not a data CD or something else? I can’t understand why Nero wouldnt already convert a .wma to a .wav when you correctly burn an audio CD. In fact, for your sake, I tried for myself and was successful.

On the other hand, maybe something went wrong with your stereo? Does it still play “regular” CDs ok?

There is a slight chance that something went wrong…I went through a similar experience of not being able to play my CD-R’s, but it turned out that I had a bad CD-mechanism…which means no CD will load. :frowning: :frowning:

Hope this helps…

Originally posted by iamnickname

ive only tried a few .mp3 burned ones in my car stereo though and nothing.

so im guessing its just my cd player that doesnt work and there really isnt anything i can do to fix it then?

I wonder what on earth made you think that your car stereo would support .mp3 playback ?

It’s known that some car players are very picky when it comes to playing burnt CDR
( i.e. .wav converted to .cda ).
Good media ( like Taiyo Yuden ), perhaps even 74’ would help to sort out the problem.

Originally posted by EFloUVA

I can’t understand why Nero wouldnt already convert a .wma to a .wav
when you correctly burn an audio CD.
Neither can I.

nero said i needed to download a plugin to burn .wma files but since my computer is the original win98 and not second edition, the plug in wont install because it needs that os. my car cd player is really picky and sometimes will skip with regular cds, so that may explain that, but otherwise the cd player in my room and car play regular cds fine. what was that you suggested for fixing the problem, i never heard of it before

nero said i needed to download a plugin to burn .wma files
Why are you keep talking about those .wma files ? How about those 10 songs converted to .wav ?

ok i was just explaining about the .wma cause people kept asking. and like i said, the ten songs converted to .wav didnt work. what are the best cd-rs to use cause maybe i just need better quality

what are the best cd-rs to use cause maybe i just need better quality
Right.
So it’s either Taiyo Yuden or you may even try 74’ discs < this has been discussed and worked for some folks.