CD-Rom powers on but won't read, help me

vbimport

When I insert a cd the light blinks but it doesn’t read. The problem started when I tried to format a DirectCD disc. My burner is a TDK 32x10x40 VeloCD, but I failed to notice that the CD-RW discs were only compatible with ultraspeed drives 16x-24x. When I tried to format I got the message medium not ready. Ever since then my burner won’t read. I tried swapping out to my CD-ROM to see if it was a software problem, but I got the same response, blinking light won’t read. I’ve never had a problem with the burner before and all the cable connections should be correct because I just swapped out my CD-ROM for the burner. Can somebody please help me?

Originally posted by rantng
When I insert a cd the light blinks but it doesn’t read. The problem started when I tried to format a DirectCD disc. My burner is a TDK 32x10x40 VeloCD, but I failed to notice that the CD-RW discs were only compatible with ultraspeed drives 16x-24x. When I tried to format I got the message medium not ready. Ever since then my burner won’t read. I tried swapping out to my CD-ROM to see if it was a software problem, but I got the same response, blinking light won’t read. I’ve never had a problem with the burner before and all the cable connections should be correct because I just swapped out my CD-ROM for the burner. Can somebody please help me?

what os are you using?
tried dos ?eg start with setup disk from windows still can’t read from cd? direct cd sucks!!!
try it in other computer see if it still is dead
get firmware an reflash it see other postings over this subject how to