CD rom not loading

It started with this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
The drive is an Optiarc BD ROM 5500s. I have tried using the MS fixit tool and that was a no go. I know I need to edit the registry but the instructions are not clear from MS on which keys actually relate to my dvd. Running win7 ultimate 64bit

Try removing the drive in device manager and let Windows restart.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2681144]Try removing the drive in device manager and let Windows restart.[/QUOTE] Like I said I’ve tried everything. I need to be able to edit the registry.

[QUOTE=joeyirc;2681148]Like I said I’ve tried everything. I need to be able to edit the registry.[/QUOTE]

I would go one step more…reformat and reinstall all the O/S and your software again…since you tried everything that would mean the problem is more widespread then you might think…

Agreed. But there is a fix on the MS site which tells you how to edit the registry and where to go but it’s not specific enough when it comes to which keys to delete. I tried contacting an MS engineer on their help site but have yet to get a replay. This is really a registry problem. No need to reinstall the entire os. Thanks for your help.

Why should that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us#win7fix not being specific enough???

Was that drive already in your computer or did you install it by yourself?