CD ROM does not detect burnt CD

vbimport

Hi friends

I copied some of my digital pictures from my computer onto a CD by using Nero Express version 5.5

The burnt CD is good if I use the same CD writer to read it, but if I put the CD in my Creative CD-ROM drive, it can’t be read.

Can you guys tell me what did I do wrong and what is the right way of burning the CD which can also be accessed by a normal CD-ROM drive.

Thanks

Does your Creative CD-ROM have any problems with reading other CD-R(W) media?

If so, the problem may be hardware related, if not, perhaps a different brand of CD-R(W) might be of help…

Originally posted by nirmal
[B]Hi friends

I copied some of my digital pictures from my computer onto a CD by using Nero Express version 5.5

The burnt CD is good if I use the same CD writer to read it, but if I put the CD in my Creative CD-ROM drive, it can’t be read.

Can you guys tell me what did I do wrong and what is the right way of burning the CD which can also be accessed by a normal CD-ROM drive.

Thanks [/B]

make sure that you close your cd. If its not closed cd-writers can read it but conventional cd-drives don’t.

greetz

Da_Taxman, the Creative Cd-rom does play other CD-Rs which I had earlier burnt using burnatonce.

theunbeatable, what do you mean by CLOSE your CD, can you explain?

Originally posted by nirmal
[B]Da_Taxman, the Creative Cd-rom does play other CD-Rs which I had earlier burnt using burnatonce.

theunbeatable, what do you mean by CLOSE your CD, can you explain? [/B]

If you use nero express: Follow the wizard and then when the wizard comes to “Final Burn Settings”, uncheck the box that says “Allow files to be added later (multisession disc)” then in the same screen press the button “more” and then check the box “Finalize Disc”, then burn and your cd should work in every cd drive! Hope it works :smiley:

btw closing a cd means that the CD is definitive and no files can be added later on

greetz