CD ripping

Can anyone tell me where I can find a CD ripping program that also recognises tracks on the CD when it is inserted into the CD drive? I use a PC with Win98 and have a Creative Labs MP3 Jukebox (similar to an iPod). The program I currently use (which came with the MP3 jukebox) requires me to type in the names of the artist, tracks etc when I rip from CD to MP3.

Many thanks for any ideas

Exact Audio Copy or CDex can get the names for you from the internet.

Thanks for your help

www.exactaudiocopy.de

Use it with the LAME encoder and you get great quality mp3 files.

where can I find LAME encoder?

Exact audio copy as the others have said but i use it to encode to .ogg far better quality than mp3

Originally posted by arun_34

http://mitiok.cjb.net/ (5 seconds using google :wink: )

The latest > [COLOR=blue]LAME 3.95 alpha 1 bundle 2003-12-23 - ( 3 sec using the brain :bigsmile: )[/COLOR]

Originally posted by mactavish

Can anyone tell me where I can find a CD ripping program that also recognises tracks on the CD when it is inserted into the CD drive?
Feurio, CDex, PlexTools, EZ CD-DA Extractor and the like… :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
The latest > [COLOR=blue]LAME 3.95 alpha 1 bundle 2003-12-23 - ( 3 sec using the brain :bigsmile: )[/COLOR]

thank you Boskin . you see , In India we dont have such maniac internet speed compared to all the western countries .

In India we dont have such maniac internet speed compared to all the western countries .
I do understand that, so don’t you worry and pls don’t take my attempt to joke literally. :wink:

@BoSkin , i am not taking ur attempt as joke or anything . just telling you . i wish i could have the fastest internet speed out there . here we get only 10kbps on dial-up connection so imagine the plight i have . i feel very fanastic with mega speeds like 100mb downloads , 10mb downloads per second , if i get at least 128kbps i would be very happy . but all the operators here keeps adding users to their list , which means bandwidth would be shared by all the users so we dont get the actual speed promised initinally by that operator… :frowning: :a

Okay.
Anyway, bookmark this page > Rarewares - MP3