Cd recording

vbimport

I download audiobooks from Audible and they will not allow MP3 recording. I went out and bought a converter that works pretty good. I just don’t want to have to record to 10-15 Cds, one is better. I downloaded a 3rd party recorder that works pretty good. The problem I am having is this, playback is OK until you stop and restart. The recording will usually skip back 10 minutes or so. I then have to FF to the spot to start listening again. I use CD-R Sony CDs. Is there something I need to change in the recording process to stop this annoying thing? I am at work and 500 miles away from my computer so I can’t even give you the name of the recorder. I didn’t do anything to the adjustments on the recorder and I am not sure if I have to slow the recording down or what. A few suggestions to look at and next week when I get home I will try them. Thanks

According to the website the books are available as MP3 for playback…so I´m not sure what the problem is.

Are you buying the MP3 audio files, and want to burn them to CD?

Welcome to MyCE…we´re here to help you! :cool:

This has nothing to do with recording speed. What CD player are you using for playback? It sounds like it’s returning returning to the beginning the track. Can you use Pause instead of Stop?

When I had Audible, I used TotalRecorder to make MP3s out of them. I would then use MP3DirectCut to chop the big MP3 into 6 minute sections. TotalRecorder has an accelerated mode that allowed me to re-record the book at 10X speed, and six minute chunks gave me the hour to the nearest tenth of an hour.

had trouble logging back on so I couldn’t reply to this. NO, Audible does not allow recording to MP3s. What I have is a terrible problem of the playback jumping all over the place and not starting where you stopped. Even if I FF to where I think it should be the playback will start at some random area. It is very frustrating and I don’t know what to do. The audio conveerter seems to work well in going from .aa to MP3 but I am not sure if the recorder I have is not doing what it should be doing. The audible book downloads into part 1 and part 2 so it doesn’t break it up into chapters. I have to see if I can burn it in multiple parts. The CD burner I am using is a freebie for now and can’t remember the name, I am away from home. I am going to look at others and see if I can tweak iTunes or Media Player to do better. Thanks

[QUOTE=Whappo;2552177]This has nothing to do with recording speed. What CD player are you using for playback? It sounds like it’s returning returning to the beginning the track. Can you use Pause instead of Stop?[/QUOTE]
The player is the one in my Honda so I can’t really pause. I turn off the engine, go into work come out much later statrt the engine and the playback jumps back 10-15 minutes. It is difficult even to FF because it seems to be searching around for a place to start. I can spend 1-15 minutes just trying to get back to where I left off.

Besides the suggested TotalRecorder(which I’ve never tried/used btw), you can try the free Audacity audio editor/recorder…Import the long mp3 file and split it up into individual tracks…save as wav(s) and burn a standard Audio CD…There are a few good free burning apps available e.g burrrn, CDburnerXP, BurnAware free, Imgburn…Take your pick, or try them all…
And just so it’s clear, if burning a standard (Redbook) audio CD, it’s the total playing time of the combined tracks that matter, [B]not[/B] the file size…
So if burning on 700mb disc, it’s ~74-80 min of audio…
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Splitting_recordings_into_separate_tracks
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/How_to_burn_CDs

Yes, I do realize about total playing time vs file size. That is what I am trying to avoid in burning a book that normally would take 12-14 CDs to an MP3 that is only one. I will look at all the burners you suggest when I get home. Thanks for the info

It seems SUPER can convert .aa to .mp3. Perhaps that’s more handy.

[QUOTE=shodobe;2553336]The player is the one in my Honda so I can’t really pause. I turn off the engine, go into work come out much later statrt the engine and the playback jumps back 10-15 minutes. It is difficult even to FF because it seems to be searching around for a place to start. I can spend 1-15 minutes just trying to get back to where I left off.[/QUOTE]

Then, as I suggested, chop it into 6 minute chunks with MP3 DirectCut. You can save the sequence of files with names like 001_bookname.mp3, 002_bookname.mp3, 003_bookname.mp3, XXX_bookname.mp3. The digits part of the name will be the hour point of the file in tenths. DirectCut can automatically mark, cut and label them for you.