CD Recorder .... Need a Bit of Help Please!

vbimport

Not sure if I’m in the right place, but it is CD Freaks so here goes.

Our church just bought a Sony RCD-W500C/W100 (on my recommendation) so that we could record our service on CD and then make copies for our members who for whatever reason can’t get to church that sunday and still want to hear the word.

Well, I attempted to record the 1 hour service but at about 15 minutes the CD Recorder stopped recording.

I’m not sure if I did something wrong, I followed the manual and actually was able to record that 15 minute part, but for the life of me can’t figure out if I messed up some setting or other.

I also wondered if there is some difference between Analog and Digital recordings that might have something to do with the ability of lengthening the CD or whatever?

I have read the owner’s manual front to back and so has my wife and we can’t find anything that helps so I was hoping someone here might be able to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

dog

Check out this … It may help I dunno.

http://www.churchmedia.net/audio-recording/26810-question-about-sony-rcd-w500c.html

@ moondog8304,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have read many user “Write Ups” on the Sony RCD-W500C/W100 and many users comment that this particular recorder for no reason sometimes just stops recording about 15 minutes into the recording session. (Sound Familiar ?)

To get around this problem many Congregations use a Cassette Recorder to safely record the Church Service on a Cassette tape and then after the Church Service redub the recorded Church Service Cassette tape to a blank CD in the Sony RCD-W500C/W100. This is a little more work involved but you are sure to get a safely record Church Service on a Cassette tape and not loose the Church Service because of some weird glitch with the problematic Sony RCD-W500C/W100.

Our particular Congregations has a Computer in the Chapel and uses the Computer to record each Church Service to the Computer Hard Drive for archival purposes and if requested by members use the Computer’s CD/DVD Burner to make a copy of the Church Service available to members.

Regards,
bjkg