CD-r Identifier 1.63 crashes my machine!

OC-Freak,

I downloaded cdrid163.zip and when i unzipped it and ran the cd-r indentifier, it automatically restarted my machine!!!:eek:

I’m running an athlon xp 2100+, 512DDR, LTR-40125s.

Whats the deal?

J

Install the latest ASPI, and it should be OK

OC-Freak,

He won’t answer you…

jseiler
XP is set, by default, to reboot when you have a system crash. You can change this in: system properties - advanced - startup and revovery. Then you will get a blue-screen with a cryptic message thay may or may not point you to the offending program.
Nero InfoTool and LiteOn’s SmartBurn media checker can provide the same information for you without the crashes.

I have the same problem.

Whenever, I start the CD Rid prog in XP PRo, My machine just reboots.

It works fine in ME though.

Look at my post here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54502

Originally posted by jseiler
[B]OC-Freak,

I downloaded cdrid163.zip and when i unzipped it and ran the cd-r indentifier, it automatically restarted my machine!!!:eek:

I’m running an athlon xp 2100+, 512DDR, LTR-40125s.

Whats the deal?

J [/B]

I first read this and said “hmm it works for me with Xp”. Then about one weeks later I ran mine… hmm got a memery dump error… grrr. :frowning: . Then I said what did I do sence then… Ahhh …
Dumped IN-CD from NERO off my computer and the problem went away.:wink: So I guess for me Incd from NERO didnt like working with it. Dont know if it will fix your problem but might give you a idea.

You are probably right mitchel.

Even I have InCD on my XP.

Whenever, I start CD-Rid, memory is dumped & my PC is rebooted.

Earlier, before this fresh XP install, I had run CD-Rid.

It didn’t crash my PC. However, that time my burner didn’t support it.

I bought a new burner, clean installed XP, Nero & InCD.

Ran CD-Rid & PC rebooted.

Even I think InCD is the Culprit.

InCD is crap. DirectCD is much better.

I get system crashes all the time when InCD is on my machine, but only when there’s a disc in the drive.

crashes my XP system also and I dont run InCD

Well, one basic Question - Have you all installed ASPI drivers ???

I don’t have them installed in XP but have installed them in ME.

CD-Rid crashes in XP & not ME.

I don’t remember whether I had ASPI installed on my earlier XP where it didn’t crash.

Like I already wrote: install the lastest ASPI. Win XP does not have them installed if you don’t do it. I had the same problem with Win XP, installed ASPI and now it works.

Bingo!!! :cool:

I think ASPI driver not installed is the problem here.

Now, the question arises which version to install.

There have been quite a few posts on this forum about compatibility problems about ASPI drivers.

Well just for fun I put the latest driver in from adaptec, it works now.:wink:

OK, even I’ll do that. Will catch the latest ASPI drivers.:cool:

@nosferatu23

Should have listened to you earlier :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :bigsmile: :slight_smile:

Installed ASPI Drivers & CD-Rid works properly as earlier.