CD-r and DVD -/+ media ID tools?

What tools do people use to ID there blank media for CD-r’s and DVD media?

CD-R Identifier 1.63.

//edit//

Caution : It rebooted my Windows XP system , so before checking it out , save all your data. Dunno if it’s my system or everyone’s system.

//end of edit//

How about trying the Media FAQ11)

Thanks guys for the replies.

I should have said I had CD-R Identifier (a little old but still does the job for CD-r’s) which hasn’t crashed on my XP system.

I actually found DVDinfo no sooner had I posted this thread :D.

Got a lucky break yesterday when my friend called me about an order we placed together for some Taiyo Yuden CD-r’s and DVD-r media. I had ordered 10 x 4 Speed TY DVD-r disks in DVD cases that would cost £35. They delivered me 100 4x TY DVD-r’s on a spindle but still charged for the original order of 10 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://www.riverproaudio.co.uk/index.html

Media details from DVDinfo:

Media Information
Region info N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Mfr ID TYG01
Formatted Size Blank
Total Size 4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media type V2.2 DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBs
Current Drive Speed 4.0x 5540KBs
Default Rotation Control CLV
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
No of Layers 1

Burnt my first 10 silver top Ritek’s at 4x with my Sony DRU 500AX (firmware’s used 2.0c/2.0e/2.0f). Ordered 25 4x ZeroDefex (Ritek 4x G04’s but with branded top) and burnt 1 disk at 4x but so far the rest burnt at 2x. Just done 1 TY so far and I am back burning at 4x :smiley:

Where do live?? In Holland, then please tell me the company, I wanna buy some discs and I could always give it a try! :stuck_out_tongue:

I live in the UK and the company is in my first post :smiley:

Should have mentioned earlier that they spotted the mistake and said that they could either collect the 100 and deliver my original order or get the 100 for £255 instead of the normal price of £318.

If it wasn’t for another part of my friend’s order, which had been put on back order, then they may well have never noticed the original mistake :frowning:

I know these disc’s are very good so I took the offer (at little more than I had intended to spend on DVD’s right now but don’t want to give em back).

You may be able to get shipping to Holland from them. They are London based.

DVD+R & +RW Media

http://dvdplusid.cdfreaks.com

Originally posted by YaZ
[B]I live in the UK and the company is in my first post :smiley:

Should have mentioned earlier that they spotted the mistake and said that they could either collect the 100 and deliver my original order or get the 100 for £255 instead of the normal price of £318.

If it wasn’t for another part of my friend’s order, which had been put on back order, then they may well have never noticed the original mistake :frowning:

I know these disc’s are very good so I took the offer (at little more than I had intended to spend on DVD’s right now but don’t want to give em back).

You may be able to get shipping to Holland from them. They are London based. [/B]

www.svp.co.uk does TY That’s branded 2-4 or 2.4-4 -R and +R for around £1.70 inc vat each in a jewel case. They have manufactured by Taiyo Yuden on the discs/boxes and I assume That’s is a TY brand name.

This is cheaper than river pro audio, which is why I stay clear of such places as this, bigpockets, and others, as without or with p/p they are more expensive than SVP. Other threads have a TY Atip (or whatever) paste for you guys to see.

I can never buy from the cdfreaks shop as they wont ship to the UK :frowning:

Ice’y

Thanks for the update… as you can see this thread is a little old :slight_smile:

River Audio Pro were the only people at the time that stocked TY discs as they had just hit the UK.