CD quality problem

When I tried to rip using EAC, the first track always get incorrect CRCs, I had to switch to secure rip to get it right.

When I scanned it with Nero, the maximum C1 Error was 11, and 0 for C2, but this green line fluctuates WILDLY. Is the CD defective? It’s pressed, not burnt. I need to know in order to get a replacement.

Transferred to the CD Freaks’ Audio forum…

Please make a quality scan with nero cd dvd speed and post the result (scan) here.

[QUOTE=chef;1949748]Please make a quality scan with nero cd dvd speed and post the result (scan) here.[/QUOTE]

1. How do I do that?

2. On another forum, people said it’s because of DRM on the cds. is that true?

[QUOTE=Goit;1950662]1. How do I do that?

1. On another forum, people said it’s because of DRM on the cds. is that true?[/QUOTE]

2. Start up CD-DVD Speed, choose your drive, insert the media, click on quality scan. When finished, save the screenshot and the link it here.

3. You should know if there is DRM on the files or not, in most cases not.

[QUOTE=Goit;1949094]When I tried to rip using EAC, the first track always get incorrect CRCs, I had to switch to secure rip to get it right.

When I scanned it with Nero, the maximum C1 Error was 11, and 0 for C2, but this green line fluctuates WILDLY. Is the CD defective? It’s pressed, not burnt. I need to know in order to get a replacement.[/QUOTE]
If you have not set EAC to spin up your drive before ripping, try that.

Here goes with my first scan…I really have no idea what I´m looking at.
Please comment…

Not that bad, please scan again at a lower speed.