Cd protector v3

Can someone explain me how to use it?

The help that is incorporated is pretty much self-explanatory…tried reading that?

Believe that even an Italian version is out there…

Be warned that CD Protector 3 has a nasty bug - It won’t work on NT / 2K or XP computers.

The help is very easy to use for CDP 3, it helps if you click the “Help” button, strange that :slight_smile:

There is a button which lets you change the language and switch to Italian. The original author was Italian himself I believe, looking through the source code there are a number of Italian notes.

[Blatant Plugging :bigsmile: ]

here is one that does work with XP / 2K

http://tzcopyprotection.cjb.net

(Of which there is even an Arabic version, but most people prefer English or Italian for some strange reason :slight_smile: )

[/Blatant Plugging]

Yes, i read the help instructions, but an error returns always.

Be warned that CD Protector 3 has a nasty bug - It won’t work on NT / 2K or XP computers.

Yes, i run win xp,:bigsmile:

here is one that does work with XP / 2K

http://tzcopyprotection.cjb.net

(Of which there is even an Arabic version, but most people prefer English or Italian for some strange reason :slight_smile: )

This protection checks if the cd is in the drive?

where can i find ccd-lock?

Originally posted by luciano
where can i find ccd-lock?

Please, use the search, it is there for a reason!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=61109&highlight=ccd+AND+lock

i am sure it cant be a worthwhile copyprotection , as big companies are spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make copyprotected CD’s and they can sill (on the whole) be copied like the new securom

“This protection checks if the cd is in the drive?”

Of course it does - otherwise it wouldn’t call itself a “CDR copy protection system” would it.

But as shuebhussain said, developing an effective copy protection system is very difficult. Look at SafeDisc, years in development and it can still be copied easily.

i can’t use step 5: an error returns: Cue sheet error

TZ Copy Protection Step5 v1.5 ©2002 By CopyDude - CopyDude@mail.com

Analyzing CUE sheet
CUE sheet error
File must be BINARY
Step5 could not be completed and was aborted

Can you help me?

Aparently there is something wrong with the Cue sheet…would be helpful to know what is in there…

Cuesheet:

FILE “H:\Documents and Settings\Giorgio\Desktop\CVEM.iso” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

Don’t think the iso extension works with a cue file…

I am not sure about this, but perhaps renaming the iso extension to a bin extension might work…

I renamed the iso, but it still doesn’t work

STEP 5 can’t handle cuesheets where there is a space in the ISO image filename.

“C:\TESTDIR\image.iso” is OK

“C:\TEST DIR\image.iso” is not OK.

This is a known bug in Step 5 which unfortunately Copydude has not yet corrected.

You should post this stuff on the TZ forum really - where myself and the other developers can see it.

If you want your exe to check for the protection, use TZ Executable Protector, which encrypts the exe and adds a loader.

Originally posted by AtomicX
[B]STEP 5 can’t handle cuesheets where there is a space in the ISO image filename.

“C:\TESTDIR\image.iso” is OK

“C:\TEST DIR\image.iso” is not OK.

This is a known bug in Step 5 which unfortunately Copydude has not yet corrected.

You should post this stuff on the TZ forum really - where myself and the other developers can see it.

If you want your exe to check for the protection, use TZ Executable Protector, which encrypts the exe and adds a loader. [/B]

Yes, i used it. But the cd ceck doesn’t recognise the cd as original. Why? In the cd, should the dummy file be in the mian folder, or in the same folder of the .exe, or anywhere?

STEP 5 can’t handle cuesheets where there is a space in the ISO image filename.

Fixed it. Download at tzcopyprotection.tk

I have a problem with dummy files too. does it make any difference whether I add to the size of the actual files on the disc or add dummy files and add to the size of THOSE files? I mean would it interfere with the functionality of the disc? I have another problem and it is that every time I add even one single file to the *.iso image, the cd check(The application that comes with it) doesn’t recognise the cd. so if I can’t add the sizes of the actual files on the disc, and I can’t add any dummy files then I’m REALLY screwd-D. any insights on that? Oh… you guessed it i’m not finished. I have one more problem and I swear the God that’s it. it may be it… well, anyway, when I make a cue sheet out of the *.iso image with TZCDCP I can’t perform step 5 on it. I get a friggin’ cue sheet error instead. Should I try making the cue sheet using some other software like cdrwin or does the problem lie elsewhere? I have another problem. No I don’t, I was just kidding so wipe that “oh God please make him go away!” expression off your face!