CD Protections

vbimport

Just wondering if Lite-on drives are good for copying cd protections like safedisc, safedic 2, securerom, etc.
I was thinking about getting a Lite-on 40125S.

I am awaiting a reply from the true cd-r gods, aka (anybody who can make a good working copy of any new games.)

Every drive can copy safedisc 1 (except pioneer dvd-writers and a few others that do neither raw-dao nor raw-sao)

LiteOn can handle all data cd protections, except those which can’t be copied by any writer.

LiteOn can handle all data cd protections, except those which can’t be copied by any writer.

Correct. All the newest Lite-On’s can copy most of the known data protections (except: StarForce and Tagès, but they can’t be copied with any reader/writer at the moment).

Lite-On’s can’t copy (read) protected audio CD’s so you have to look for another drive to read these CD’s. Writing is no problem for the Lite-On’s.

Originally posted by Namoh
Lite-On’s can’t copy (read) protected audio CD’s so you have to look for another drive to read these CD’s. Writing is no problem for the Lite-On’s.

LTR 48125W with firmware VS02 and Isobuster can read Key2Audio 3,LiteOn 40125S can do the same with firmware ZSOJ…:stuck_out_tongue:
LiteOn 40125W can’t …:confused:

have not made a coaster yet with my lite-on ltr24102b lite-on rocks:bow:

I bought my first lite-on about 1 month ago. I havn’t found anything that I can’t copy. Cool huh?

There are some discussions about the new improved SecuROM New and the fact that there is an issue with using CloneCD and a Litey as reader and writer. Checkout the sticky threads in the CloneCD forum for more info.

Yeah, but plextors have the same problem :wink:

Seems to be a CloneCD bug/setting problem…

Guess that will be fixed in the next CloneCD release.

my ltr 24102b has no probs with securom “new” or old

using as reader/writer

You misunderstood.

There seems to be a newer version of securom new (call it “securom very new” if you want to).

And this one causes trouble.

It’s true but when i changed firmware on my old 24102b everything went great since! Even WarCraft3!