CD Printer and CD labelling software

Hi guys

First post and apologies for the general question but unfortunately I don’t have internet access at home currently so have not had an opportunity to search the forums properly for an answer.

Currently I don’t have a printer but I am looking for one that can print on CDs and does a reasonable print of documents. From what I can find (through my brief search), it seems like the canon IP4500 would have been a good buy but is no longer sold and its successor doesn’t seem to be as good value.

Anyway I am after recommendations for a printer as I need to print 50 CDs in the next few weeks and as opposed to getting them professionally done, I thought it would make more sense to get a printer that can do this plus print documents. I am guessing that whatever printer I get, I will need several more ink cartridges in order to print the cds. Ideas on costs of subsequent ink cartridges would be appreciated but general views on the cost of running the printer would be useful.

I am based in the UK and probably looking at making the purchase in the next week.

Do printers generally come with some form of CD design program? I am only looking for something basic that I can probably put a picture on and a bit of text (eg. X and Y’s wedding mix with the background being a picture). Also running Vista Home Premium 64bit.

Any help would be much appreciated (and again apologies for not doing a proper search of the forum).

amginE

Heres the link to the forumn you want to browse through
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f123/

Here in the USA I use a Epsom R260 with great results and the print sofware did come with it.

If you plan on doing a bit of printing you need to look into getting a continuis ink refill system,here is a link to look at, it’s in the UK
http://www.continuous-ink-systems.co.uk/

Someone else from the UK should be along shortly and fill you in on printers available in the UK

[QUOTE=amginE;2230801]Hi guys

First post and apologies for the general question but unfortunately I don’t have internet access at home currently so have not had an opportunity to search the forums properly for an answer.

Currently I don’t have a printer but I am looking for one that can print on CDs and does a reasonable print of documents. From what I can find (through my brief search), it seems like the canon IP4500 would have been a good buy but is no longer sold and its successor doesn’t seem to be as good value.

Anyway I am after recommendations for a printer as I need to print 50 CDs in the next few weeks and as opposed to getting them professionally done, I thought it would make more sense to get a printer that can do this plus print documents. I am guessing that whatever printer I get, I will need several more ink cartridges in order to print the cds. Ideas on costs of subsequent ink cartridges would be appreciated but general views on the cost of running the printer would be useful.

I am based in the UK and probably looking at making the purchase in the next week.

Do printers generally come with some form of CD design program? I am only looking for something basic that I can probably put a picture on and a bit of text (eg. X and Y’s wedding mix with the background being a picture). Also running Vista Home Premium 64bit.

Any help would be much appreciated (and again apologies for not doing a proper search of the forum).

amginE[/QUOTE]
One of your mates has made a great discovery according to this recent post.
You might try contacting him and finding out where in the UK these prized machines are hiding.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. I just wanted to check - did I post this in the correct part of the forum? Just wondering on getting some responses from people in the UK who may know where’s best to purchase.

amginE

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. I just wanted to check - did I post this in the correct part of the forum? Just wondering on getting some responses from people in the UK who may know where’s best to purchase.

amginE

[QUOTE=amginE;2231419]Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. I just wanted to check - did I post this in the correct part of the forum? Just wondering on getting some responses from people in the UK who may know where’s best to purchase.
amginE[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, this is a good place for this post.
  2. Did my post #3 yield any results ??

Not had an opportunity yet to contact the individual on the other forum about the printer. Really appreciate all your help though.