Cd print enabler for newer U.S. Canon printers

vbimport

According to Damn Printer site, you can now enable CD printing on some of the Canon printers that you could not do before (iP4600, iP4700, MP630,MP640,MP990 etc.).

http://pixma.ulmb.com/?p=406

I don’t own one of these models, so I have not tested it to make sure it works. Just posted as an FYI for those that do own one.

Good news to be sure.

Here’s a direct link to the software tool:
http://depositfiles.com/files/qhps62heg

Instructions:
[B]1. Remove Black Plastic[/B]
[B]2. Enter Service Mode:[/B]

I. Make sure the printer is off but is plugged in.

II. Hold down [RESUME] (Triangle pointed down) and hold down [POWER] and wait 5 seconds or so. Release [RESUME] but Continue to hold [POWER]. Double click [RESUME]. then Release [POWER].

III. When the Power LED lights in green, the printer is ready for service mode operation.

Note: Some models have a STOP/RESET button instead.

[B]3. Launch the CD Enabler Tool [/B]

I. Choose the right printer via USB (unplug all printers except the Canon).

II. Choose EURO Mode and click SET……WAIT for it tell you it finished.

III. Print out a confirmation sheet. Press print and select rear tray or cassette. Press OK.

IV. The sheet should have EURO now listed instead of US. The location varies by the model you have.
IV. Exit Service mode by pushing the power button on the printer itself.

[B]4. Reinstall the driver:[/B]

I. Changes to the printer have been made but won’t show up in the printer properties until the driver is uninstalled and reinstalled. You may also choose to download the European driver.

[B]5. System Requirements:[/B]

I. The CD Print Tool only runs under Windows

Besides the $31.00 Ebay CD tray for the ip4700 is there a cheaper source to purchase the tray from in the US? Some have said tray cost is $12.00 from Canon but I can not find a part number for the tray or were to buy Canon parts on line. Any suggestions for getting a tray in the US?

[QUOTE=jolt2;2532267]Besides the $31.00 Ebay CD tray for the ip4700 is there a cheaper source to purchase the tray from in the US? Some have said tray cost is $12.00 from Canon but I can not find a part number for the tray or were to buy Canon parts on line. Any suggestions for getting a tray in the US?[/QUOTE]

You cannot buy Canon parts in the USA without going through an authorized service center. And since USA printers are not disc-enabled, odds of getting a tray are small. But you could ask your local authorized repair center if they can get one. The eBay sellers in Denver and San Francisco are reputable.

Thanks for the reply about the tray. Some years ago, I took a Canon printer in to a local service shop. It seemed that they would rather work on office equipment and not mess around with the home stuff. They only wanted to sale me a new printer rather then repair the old one, which was just out of warranty. So I do not think getting them to order a tray will happen. I’ll keep watching for now.

[QUOTE=jolt2;2532449]Thanks for the reply about the tray. Some years ago, I took a Canon printer in to a local service shop. It seemed that they would rather work on office equipment and not mess around with the home stuff. They only wanted to sale me a new printer rather then repair the old one, which was just out of warranty. So I do not think getting them to order a tray will happen. I’ll keep watching for now.[/QUOTE]

Be that as it may, Canon does not sell parts to anyone other than authorized service centers. The trays you see on eBay or elsewhere are imported directly from China or wherever they get made. I’ve never had any trouble getting parts from a local service center. But I doubt a tray would be available.

Hello,

I have a canon printer pixma mg6120 and I want to enable the cd printing, I’ve saw your reply at this post : http://club.myce.com/f123/cd-print-enabler-newer-u-s-canon-printers-308181/ the link for the cd print tool v7 isnt working anymore Ive searched on google for it but with no luck. Please If you can help me and send me a link to download this software to change the printer bios to europe I will really appreciate it. Please help me if you can

Thank You
Regards

@CDan my email address is : email removed by Moderator send me that programe when you have time.

Thank you

[QUOTE=netcat;2693943]@CDan my email address is : email removed by Moderator send me that programe when you have time.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
If you want to give someone an e-mail address, I suggest you do it via PM, or else you may get spammed to death before you know what hit you. LOL.:wink:

I got the email and sent the software, but the email address returned a fatal error, software is attached.

CD-PrintTool-v7.zip (166 KB)

Thank You very much. I’ve searched for this software for hours yesterday now I have it thanks to you.

Wish you all the best.

Ani

Anyone out there have a copy of the “elusive” CD print tools ?? I’ve got the UK drivers, the reg parameter changed to 1… It sees the tray, it says insert the tray, it says press print… and then the &*&^!! thing just sits there (I assume the sensor in the printer is not turned on… and it does not “see” they tray…)
This thing is driving me nukenfutts… HELP !!!

OK… I see the elusive file is in the “returned” attachment above.
Not sure how many folks are looking for this currently… but 100’s have been (and probably just gave bloody up)!!
This is the ONLY thing that put the bloody Cannon on the right track (it Prints yeaaaaaaa) Doesn’t actually print totally on the CD yet (againment hell)… but PROGRESS… thanks all,:bow:

[QUOTE=CDan;2693969]…software is attached.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say THANKS! This is so awesome.

[QUOTE=CDan;2693969]I got the email and sent the software, but the email address returned a fatal error, software is attached.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Been looking for weeks!

[QUOTE=CDan;2490064]Good news to be sure.

Here’s a direct link to the software tool:
http://depositfiles.com/files/qhps62heg

Instructions:
[B]1. Remove Black Plastic[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Remove from what/where?

CDan…Thank you very much for posting this file. It’s currently 1:03 AM and it will allow to me to meet a deadline due in several hours. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=jln;2695746]Remove from what/where?[/QUOTE]
try this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-Canon-Pixma-Printer-to-Print-on-CDs–DVDs/

[QUOTE=boulder73;2696184]try this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-Canon-Pixma-Printer-to-Print-on-CDs–DVDs/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link!

Everything working great on my Pro 9000 MKII.
Plastic cover is different than the Instructables photos.
Just a thin plastic strip behind the upper inner door.
I can post photos if someone asks.

After changing to EUR, I reinstalled the US drivers, which work just fine.
I downloaded [U]cdlp-win-1_4_2-en.exe[/U] from the Canon Europe support site which is the CD label software.
I got a tray on eBay.
All easy and work great!

Thanks again for the help!