CD Player can't read CD-RW disk after 1st use

OK members, I’m a Newbie trying not to violate the rules:
My problem: I’m trying to use CD-RW discs to record podcasts to play on the road. The 1st recording on the CD works fine. When I do the 2nd write on the CD-RW it will play fine on my PCs (XP) but all CD players (auto and my Bose) will not successfully play the CD. Either “not valid CD” or just “cD err”.
Using Nero 6 Ultra edition - Nero Express to burn the CD. Burner is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-811. CD-RW discs are Memorex.

My preliminary search of FAQ’s and Newbie Threads didn’t turn up anything.

Any help would be appreciated! :bow:

AndrewP

CD-RW’s have that problem on occasion, and memorex is not the best choice for media. I have found that CD-R’s don’t usually have this problem, and about the only thing you can do is try a “full erase” of the RW and then try and burn again. Hope this helps.

pacmac,
Thanks for the feedback. I have tried the “full erase” option but to no avail.
AndrewP

[QUOTE=AndrewP;1202257]OK members, I’m a Newbie trying not to violate the rules:
My problem: I’m trying to use CD-RW discs to record podcasts to play on the road. The 1st recording on the CD works fine. When I do the 2nd write on the CD-RW it will play fine on my PCs (XP) but all CD players (auto and my Bose) will not successfully play the CD. Either “not valid CD” or just “cD err”.
Using Nero 6 Ultra edition - Nero Express to burn the CD. Burner is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-811. CD-RW discs are Memorex.

My preliminary search of FAQ’s and Newbie Threads didn’t turn up anything.

Any help would be appreciated! :bow:

AndrewP[/QUOTE]
I am a newbie here. This Toshiba Satellite P25-S607 always read CDs and DVDs fine. I tried to save some photos to Memorex CD-R and could not read anything back on the three disks I wrote to.
Then I found out it won’t play CD’s anymore. I read somewhere here about opening the drive and cleaning all the contacts. I am loath to do that as I am tired. I see a replacement is hard to find and expensive.

I defered to my old bang on it technique. Well not too hard, just a couple of raps with my fingers only.
Now it works again! CDs and DVDs Whew!

Unless the players are specifically CD-RW capable, then you can find that there is very limited compatibility.

Sounds like only the 100% fresh CD-RW is reaching the required levels on players that are not designed to support it.

If the players are intended to support it, then it sounds like the media is just not a good match to the writer, I’ve had CD-RW media that was never right after an erase in my first writer, but my second one could handle it easily.