"cd not writable" msg in nero 5003

vbimport

Hi friends,
When I try to burn wav files onto an audio CD, nero 5003 says me "this CD is not writable". I have tried with other blank CDs, and I am using the TDK ones, which are good.
I own a Philips CDD3600 SCSI CDRW with an adaptec scsi controller, a P-II-350 with 64 MB RAM, and an ASUS p2B mobo. I have also installed the latest ASPI drivers from adaptec. This is the first CD I try to burn using this version of nero, and I had not any problems with previous versions. Also, if I deinstall nero 5 and install nero 4, win98 will not start, showing me the typical textmode blue screen. I'd appreciate very much any help. Feel free to email me also.
Thanks.

i’ve got the same Rewriter CDD3600 and also the same problem, i think you have to clean your registry before you can install your lower version…i’m gonna format my c drive and install everything new, hope that it will work after that …
don’t you have problems with directCD and NERO ???

Hello…

I had the same problem with Nero 5003 but since i upgraded to Nero 5009 it works fine.

I think Nero 5003 has a big bug because i couldnt believe that my Plextor 8-2-20 couldnt write that CD!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sjalle:
i’ve got the same Rewriter CDD3600 and also the same problem, i think you have to clean your registry before you can install your lower version…i’m gonna format my c drive and install everything new, hope that it will work after that …
don’t you have problems with directCD and NERO ???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you cleaned the registry and tried the new install?. Did it work? which keys did you remove?. Regarding DirectCD, I deinstall it a long ago, because it caused so many troubles with several CD writing programs, and I do not find it a lot useful… I have discovered also that Nero 5009 will not write more than 74 mins of audio with my recorder, even if you use an 80 min CD (!!).

i 've format my pc and just installed cdrwin 3.8 a and wanted to write a wave cd but the music was all scrambled… i don’t know what i’m doing wrong but i put allready 20-30 cdroms in the garbage… has anybody got a relayble solution ?? thanks