CD Navigation Software

Hello all…
can anyone give me some help on making a backup copy of a navigation cd that is copy protected with (safedisc v2) i have tried many times and whilst i can make a succesfull image of the disc when i load it into my navigation system i get a message disc not compatible.

i am burning on a philips DVDR 16LSK burner.

the disc i need to burn to is a CD-R as this is the disc i burned to previously and it worked fine burning a 2003 disc ps the disc im trying to burn is a 2005 disc with safe disc copyright…big thankyou in advance :bow:

Try backing up using this method:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140075.

But it may be that your navigation system cant read CDR discs. In this case there is very little you can do.

Thanks for your quick reply and help the method you have offered i have tried previously with no luck…is that program good for navigation cd copying as it seems it,s more geared to copying games?

my unit is able to read cd-r disc as im currently using a 2003 disc on cd-r format…

may be you can help further on burning this 2005 disc i guess the format will still be the same as my previous version i wonder if there is a way to confirm the format of the 2005 disc im trying to backup…

thankyou again :bow:

Is there a way to do this for DVD Sat Nav disks

Thanks

Shaun

I too have tried various ways of trying to backup my navigation discs which are safedisc 2/3 they seem to copy ok in clone cd but same error when loading disc please insert a compatible cd, even bought a plextor premium thinking this was bees knees but no better than any other cd writer,all threads and tips provided are definately geared for games only and not navigation otherwise they would work when backed up

I would try copying with Alcohol 120% on the SafeDisc 2/3 profile to read and burn at 4x with your PlexWriter Premium. Then try playing the disc in the car player. If that doesnt work, it may have some sort of unknown checks that there is no current way around.

It may also be that the car player is far less tolerant of copies than many standard cd/dvd roms.

Do any of these programs work with Dual Layer Disks? As most of the DVD Nav disks are Diual Layer. I am upto 7 wasted disks while trying to back up my GM Nav 4.0 disk. The disk shows well on the computer, however when inserted in the car it doesn’t work, I get a dirty disk error.

If it’s a safedisc protected dual layer dvd, you can forget all about making a physical copy that will work in your car. It isn’t possible with the present state of the art.

How do I know if its safedisk protected?
It is a Pioneer DVR-AO8XLA1

Scan it with A-Ray Scanner?

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

2011 Terraza/Venture/H3/Uplander/Relay/97X Navigation Disc 20945770
Does anyone have a link to this discor know of a torrent to get it off of?

Thanks Mike

[QUOTE=ritespeed;2578597]2011 Terraza/Venture/H3/Uplander/Relay/97X Navigation Disc 20945770
Does anyone have a link to this discor know of a torrent to get it off of?

Thanks Mike[/QUOTE]
You could try buying it. You might also like to re-read the forum rules before your next post.

[QUOTE=philamber;2578601]You could try buying it. You might also like to re-read the forum rules before your next post.[/QUOTE]

I own it but my copy is scratched every time I put in navigation it ejects.

I am looking for a backup copy.

[QUOTE=ritespeed;2578750]I own it but my copy is scratched every time I put in navigation it ejects.

I am looking for a backup copy.[/QUOTE]

Then you should ask the original seller of it.