"CD-LabelPrint" print as PDF file

Hi from a tulip field in the mountainous terrain of Holland!

We have been using CD-LabelPrint in conjuction with our Canon i4200 printer and are more than happy with the results.

However, we can’t seem to print the files as PDFs so that I can print them on the far superior printer in my employer’s office.

CD covers designed using Corel have worked superbly, obviously. But the ones designed using CD-LabelPrint seem to hit a brick wall. We can see “print as PDF” in the printer menu. But clicking it has now response.

My partner back at HQ informs me that she’s using version 1.1.0

Can anyone help, so that I may take advantage of our sexy office Xerox printer?

Carty

Hi and Welcome!

Canon’s CD-Labelprint software might be tied to Canon printers. So there would be no chance to use another printer with that software then. It does not matter if you use a virtual “Print to PDF” printer or a real printer from another manufacturer.

Apart from that, using CD labels is not recommended.

Michael

[QUOTE=Carty;2277544]Hi from a tulip field in the mountainous terrain of Holland!

Can anyone help, so that I may [B]take advantage of our sexy office Xerox printer?[/B]
Carty[/QUOTE]

Maybe take her out for a few cocktails after work…get her drunk and make her lots of compliments…?

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2277548]Hi and Welcome!

Canon’s CD-Labelprint software might be tied to Canon printers. So there would be no chance to use another printer with that software then. It does not matter if you use a virtual “Print to PDF” printer or a real printer from another manufacturer.

Apart from that, using CD labels is not recommended.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

You may have a point with it being tied to the Canon. Grr!

Also, we don’t use CD labels. We print directly to the printable discs (both white and clear).

Carty

[QUOTE=deanimator;2277558]Maybe take her out for a few cocktails after work…get her drunk and make her lots of compliments…?

:p[/QUOTE]

Isn’t “sexy” enough? Pfft!

Hi,QUOTE=Carty;2277562
You may have a point with it being tied to the Canon. Grr![/quote] I own a 4200 also, and another printer, I will test this evening.

I have no experience with this, but you might have a look at the surething labeller software: www.surething.com - Free trial is available.

Also, we don’t use CD labels. We print directly to the printable discs (both white and clear).
Okay, that’s good then :slight_smile: Well, when you mentioned “Xerox office printer”, I thought of huge laser printers capable to spit out 100 printed pages per minute or something like that :slight_smile:

Michael

I use an iP5000 for printing covers and discs…and have successfully made covers that can be printed using other printers by making a jpeg…(I think…) [I]EDIT: I remember getting the sizing right was tricky![/I]

But, at this point I can´t recall exactly how…I´m at the office right now and don´t have my lappy with me which would allow me to run through it again to explain. You may have to experiment in that direction and will probably solve it as I did (I may be able to get back to you later…after several hours of mountainbike training this sunny afternoon in one of your neighbouring countries ;))

Achtung: it makes sense that the HP won´t recognise the disc “format”…as there is no “standard” disc “format”. That´s Canon specific only I´m afraid.

:bigsmile:

Hi all, I’m Carty’s partner in crime and just wanted to explain the situation.

I have created several CD covers (not labels) using the Canon CD label print software. They are saved as CLD files.

When trying to print these files, the software will only allow me to select a Canon printer.

Seeing as Carty has now met this sexy Xerox (with toner paid for by the company!), he figured he’d print some of the already existing covers on the work Xerox.

The reason we want to be able to create the pdf files of the exisiting covers is that it’ll be a lot of work to recreate them in other software and he can only print PDFs in work.

So, Carty’s question is: Can CLD files be exported to PDFs?
My answer is that it’s not possible, but feel free to prove me wrong!

In response to deanimator’s reply: It is indeed possible to export to an image file, but the resolution is way too low to print, and the fonts get rasterised, which loses their sharpness. Alas, not really a satisfactory option!

[QUOTE=Annet;2277589]
Seeing as Carty has now met this sexy Xerox [/QUOTE]

Jealous?

[QUOTE=Annet;2277589]
So, Carty’s question is: Can CLD files be exported to PDFs?
My answer is that it’s not possible, but feel free to prove me wrong!
[/QUOTE]

Yes everyone, please prove Annet wrong so I can take the Xerox home with me.

Carty