CD Label Creator install?

vbimport

If there's one guy who will know a way to do this it's you Inertia.

What I am trying to do is install "Cd Label Creator" on a system without the rest of EZCD/Direct CD etc. I've had a look at the files and can't see a way myself. :confused:

Is this somehow possible to do?

TIA :slight_smile:

Hi, Lazza.

I’ve never heard of anyone doing this, but it’s worth a try.

As an experiment I just renamed all of the Adaptec (Roxio) folders except C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\Label Creator.

I was able to open the label creator and saved covers, change themes and backgrounds etc. :slight_smile:

Assuming that the renaming would be the equivalent of deleting the folders, it just might work. I was curious to see if the renaming would cause errors if the registry couldn’t find the renamed folders. I rebooted and Windows came up with no errors.

Of course, none of the driver files were changed. They are more likely to be accessed by the registry upon startup. Some careful editing of the registry might solve that problem should it arise. Or, you could just leave the driver files alone.

So, you could do a minimal install to get the label creator loaded, and then try deleting the unwanted stuff in C:\Program Files\Adaptec and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared. Back up first. :cool:

If you are feeling adventurous this might be a good experiment. :wink:

Thanks for the reply Inertia.

So as I thought there’s no real way of doing it other than do a minimum install of EZCD and delete the unwanted proggies from the prog folder. Hmmmmm, might be worth a try as you say. Ah, why not! :slight_smile:

Also, connected with Label Creator, after I installed the V5.1 update I noticed that there are some new selections within Label Creator. Only trouble is they all show up as blank. :confused: And I also found that I could no longer save any templates from within the prog, the only way I can do this now is use an existing template and select “save as” and then modify it. :confused:

Do you think it’s worth downloading the update again and doing a clean install of EZCD? I was also wondering if this maybe occured due to some weird error from all the cumulative updates that have been installed?

Many thanks for your time on this. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

I just had occasion to make a new installation of Easy CD Creator 5 in WinXP. The InstallShield Wizard allows all program features to be selected or deselected.

You could do a clean install of EZCD 5 and deselect all programs except CD Label Creator. CD Label Creator should install and work just fine as a standalone program. :slight_smile:

Thanks Inertia, just done it and it was as simple as that.

I’d not installed EZCD on a system for months and did not think that you could install Label Creator without installing EZCD as well. Much easier! :smiley:

On my other point though, have you seen that with EZCD after the 5.1 update with Label Creator? All the new themes are blank on my main system which is weird, and I can’t save templates either.

No, I can’t say that I’ve seen any changes in CD Label Creator after the update to v5.1. Everything works just as it should.

The theme files are stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\Label Creator\Style files. Something may have happened to corrupt this folder.

As you suspected, this may be an effect from a previous bad install.

Thanks for your help Inertia. :slight_smile: