CD Freaks Rocks Teh Cake!

vbimport

#1

You guys rock so damn much, I swear.

Also, check out my success in CloneCD Forums.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

-daniel

My Success In Killin SD2, Yes, I am proud


#2

We know. :smiley:


#3

As a former Tweakers.net crewmember I must say that there are several things on Cd Freaks that can be improved a lot. Currently, I am not satisfied with the quality this site has to offer. Both the use of English as the newsreports on the frontpage. This might be because I’m used to the strict organisation of Tweakers.net, but CD Freaks is a site that I like to visit once a month when I’m bored. The Dutch chat, however, can be quite amusing. But the rest of the forum is rather boring.


#4

LOOL, aren’t you the 13 year old kid that begged me to work for our site 2 years ago ?


#5

HAHA…:stuck_out_tongue:


#6

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR
LOOL, aren’t you the 13 year old kid that begged me to work for our site 2 years ago ?

He is.
Vinny aka BlueSonic
He sucked up with Tweakers real bad to get that ‘job’ there and it looks like he no longer ‘works’ there anymore…I wonder why :wink:

And there is a big difference between Tweakers and CD Freaks… Tweakers is a real business where people get paid to do their ‘job’. You can thus expect more from those who post the news.

CD Freaks is all voluntary we of course we strive for the best quality for our visitors, but we cannot demand our newsposters to spend at least a certain amount of time on each newsposting.

Over the past year the quality of newspostings and especially the postings on this forum has improved a great deal. We try our best to bring you the best and we are still improving every day. As long as we can do that and we attract more visitors each day, I am happy with that.


#7

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
He is.
Vinny aka BlueSonic
He sucked up with Tweakers real bad to get that ‘job’ there and it looks like he no longer ‘works’ there anymore…I wonder why :wink:

And there is a big difference between Tweakers and CD Freaks… Tweakers is a real business where people get paid to do their ‘job’. You can thus expect more from those who post the news.

CD Freaks is all voluntary we of course we strive for the best quality for our visitors, but we cannot demand our newsposters to spend at least a certain amount of time on each newsposting.

Over the past year the quality of newspostings and especially the postings on this forum has improved a great deal. We try our best to bring you the best and we are still improving every day. As long as we can do that and we attract more visitors each day, I am happy with that.

Not even -close- :P. By the way, the new nick is SONiCB00M, not BlueSonic (nice try though :P)
But for real, the reason I quitted is due to a serious lack of time. My last piece of work was this:

http://www.tweakers.net/reviews/288 (this thing is holy to me)

Not the kind of quality you’d expect from your “13-year old kiddie” right? :smiley: About the difference between Tweakers.net and CD Freaks: You’re right about the payment thing. Newsposters get about € 1 to € 3 for every newspost they make, depending on the quality. But you’re wrong about the second part. The real thing is in the organisation. They’ve scheduled everything so they can try to get at least 15 newsposts a day. But the real quality is in the very tiny details. Take a look at this for instance:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4014

No offence to Domi ofcourse, but this really isn’t news. It’s kinda like trying to get the frontpage filled up. That’s what I’m trying to say right here. You’ve got to be more strict about deciding how much newsvalue a submit has. 80% of the submits Tweakers.net receives goes towards /dev/null because the newsvalue is too low. And actually, this one belongs there too. Real news is stuff like this:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4008

Secondly, good newsposting isn’t just typing two lines and add a huge quote. Just like Tweakers.net, CD Freaks isn’t capable of delivering it’s own news. You make a selection of everything that has come to pass on the web. But it’s not like type two lines and add a huge quote. Try rewriting the article in about fifteen lines, that makes a whole lot more difference. After that, you can add a little quote and a thanks for the submitter.

And last but certainly not least: The organisation. Tweakers.net has a crew of atleast 15 people or more for newsposting. Every newsposter tries to get one or two newsposts a day. That really isn’t too much work. If every 15 people will try to get one or two newspost a day done, it would fill up the frontpage like hell and improve the quality too. You must stay objective though. Some posters I’ve seen here already begin by stating questions in the title.


#8

One thing to add with respect to the low news value, according to your standards.

CD Freaks deals with a specific part of the cumputer business, it deals with CD-R related stuff, whereas Tweakers deals with all computer related stuff…so of course there will be far more news for Tweakers as there is for CD Freaks.

And true, Tweakers is more organised than CD Freaks, but this is also becuase they want to make money and for that you have to distinguish yourself more from other news sites and you have to have a certain format. In order to maintain that format, you have to have it wel documented.

At this time I don’t think CD Freaks wants to be that way and that is why CD Freaks isn’t…but that is my opinion, ot that of CD Freaks (the real management)


#9

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
CD Freaks deals with a specific part of the cumputer business, it deals with CD-R related stuff, whereas Tweakers deals with all computer related stuff…so of course there will be far more news for Tweakers as there is for CD Freaks.

True. You’re completely right about that one. But mainly because the site is in English, the amount of people you may attract may be bigger.

And true, Tweakers is more organised than CD Freaks, but this is also becuase they want to make money and for that you have to distinguish yourself more from other news sites and you have to have a certain format. In order to maintain that format, you have to have it wel documented.

There’s one thing you need to understand about this money thing. There are three people in the Tweakers.net organisation who earn their daily bread with full time work for Tweakers.net. They are willing to put so much time in it, attempting to maintain the quality, that they don’t have the time for their old jobs. You are a tax advisor I believe, and you do the moderating in your free time. They don’t. It’s their full time job.

At this time I don’t think CD Freaks wants to be that way and that is why CD Freaks isn’t…but that is my opinion, ot that of CD Freaks (the real management)

That’s completely their decision. All I’m saying is, with a worldwide community than the Dutch Tweakers.net, it can actually become huge if you’re willing to stick more time in it.