CD Freaks presents: The Samsung SN-S082M Review

you can read the entire review here

As always, feel free to comment/discuss the review in this thread.

Thanks [I]H3rB3i[/I], great review. :clap: :bow:
I would like to see more of slimdrive tests, a forgotten group in our forum.

[I]Off topic.[/I]
Owning two Lenovo laptops with HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N 8x burners I would be happy see these reviews as well.
Post a note if assistance needed.

Nice read, [B]H3rB3i[/B]! :clap:

One typo, DVD-R/RW writing performance page, bottom.

"Summary:

The Samsung SN-S082M produced mixed results with the tested DVD-R/RW media. Quality media, such as [I][B]Tajyo[/B][/I] Yuden and Verbatim branded Mitsubishi Chemicals manufactured DVD-R were burned with excellent quality. Lower quality media are burned with almost bad quality and they are sometimes un-usable."

thanks Albert, the typo is now gone :wink:

Hi,

thanks for this awesome review of the drive!!:iagree:

Can anyone please tell me what the difference (if any) between S082[B]D[/B], S082[B]H[/B], S082[B]M[/B] is? Couldnt find anything on samsung page or in this forum.:sad:

Thanks.:flower:

Hi,[quote=Roughael;2030578]

Can anyone please tell me what the difference (if any) between S082[B]D[/B], S082[B]H[/B], S082[B]M[/B] is? [/quote]H and M should be the same (M=H+Lightscribe), D should be the predecessor of the H version.

Couldnt find anything on samsung page or in this forum.
http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Products/Spec/Spec.asp -> Slim
Not very much information here in the forums unfortunately, also most notebook drives are OEM versions and often differ from their retail versions.

Michael

Hello Everyone,

I’ve just installed the Samsung SN-S082 Drive in my Toshiba Satellite P25-S509 Laptop. The installation went much better than I had anticipated. I just put the drive in the caddy and stuck it in. It just came up with “Found new hardware” and installed itself. I may have to go back and re-install it with the drivers that came with it. Right now, I just want to see if it will burn a disk.

I have a couple of things I have to get done before midnight so I’ll have to get back to you after I burn a few things and let you know how it went.

Hope to catch you in the not too distant future,

kilgor