CD Freaks presents: The Pioneer DVR-215 DVD Burner Review

vbimport

CD Freaks are proud to present, the Pioneer DVR-215 Review.

You can read the review here

Please feel free to comment on the review in this thread.

Hi :slight_smile:
Your usual excellent standard. :clap: :bow: :iagree: :cool:
Yes audio is not as good as you’d like.
Thankfully I still have some genuine Plextors (716 & 760).
Plus the Samsung 203, is good in this area too.

Nice Dee but 48x CD-R write speed :disagree:

Where about in the review does it claim this drive can write CD-R at 48x? :confused:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2057564]Where about in the review does it claim this drive can write CD-R at 48x? :confused:[/QUOTE]Dee you said in the MAIN negative points:

[B]We would also like to see support for 48x writing speeds on CD-R media.[/B]

I never said it can or could :confused:

You didn’t exactly give the burner any challenges in terms of write quality. We would expect any burner to perform similarly on the media chosen. Why not use some more challenging media for testing as well? Ricoh 8x +RW for example, and non-Verbatim DL media.

[QUOTE=CDan;2057947]You didn’t exactly give the burner any challenges in terms of write quality. We would expect any burner to perform similarly on the media chosen. Why not use some more challenging media for testing as well? Ricoh 8x +RW for example, and non-Verbatim DL media.[/QUOTE]

Yea…good point…I would like a drive that can deal with so-so media. I have 2-203b’s, 2-111d’s, 1-160p6s, 1 1673 (old drive), and 1 1620. The only drive that I can get “EXCELLENT” (I am talking 98-99 % ) BURN results on the older but better media (but decent verb dvd +r media…papa 2005/2006) media is the BenQ 1620. They all burn great to excellent on ty media.

Speed is great…it you get good to excellent results…but what good is it when the results are not excellent…??

Bob…48x on cd-r? I think the 203b drives are excellent cd-r burners…but at 16x on ty media.(not faster)…again…what good is the speed if the results are not great to excellent…I would prefer quality to saving a few minutes myself??

The BenQ I managed to get a few months back has me spoiled…why can these drive manufactures not match…and even improve on an old design?? I just do not understand it.

I have pretty much made my mind up nothing but ty media for me…I see no other choice…

BTW…good review Dee

Already burning the maximum amount of CD-R/DVD R media allowed (New reviewers agreement, agreed on at the beginning of the year).

Not all these media are excellent quality, some of them are ok and some are very variable in quality. I always try and burn the most popular media for the reviews. TY, MCC and CMC MAG and add a few less popular media, like Daxon, Prodisc, Optodisc, etc.

I’ve ran out of Ricoh DVD RW/DL media and according to Ricoh’s website, they have discontinued their media range in Europe.

I would normally burn two DVD+R DL media, but i had no stock of anything else at the time.

[QUOTE=Roadhog32901;2058010]Bob…48x on cd-r? I think the 203b drives are excellent cd-r burners…but at 16x on ty media.(not faster)…again…what good is the speed if the results are not great to excellent…I would prefer quality to saving a few minutes myself??[/QUOTE]I think 40x is plenty fast for any CD-DVD burner is all i was saying. Most choke above 32x.

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2058192]Already burning the maximum amount of CD-R/DVD R media allowed (New reviewers agreement, agreed on at the beginning of the year).

Not all these media are excellent quality, some of them are ok and some are very variable in quality. I always try and burn the most popular media for the reviews. TY, MCC and CMC MAG and add a few less popular media, like Daxon, Prodisc, Optodisc, etc.

I’ve ran out of Ricoh DVD RW/DL media and according to Ricoh’s website, they have discontinued their media range in Europe.

I would normally burn two DVD+R DL media, but i had no stock of anything else at the time.[/QUOTE]You did a good job Dee :flower:

I love Pioneer drives… they make a lot of noise (my BenQ 1655@1650 is very quiet) but i love the writing quality… My 215D@215L is burning great… :clap::clap::clap:

[QUOTE=Llun;2081111]I love Pioneer drives… [B]they make a lot of noise[/B] (my BenQ 1655@1650 is very quiet) but i love the writing quality… My 215D@215L is burning great… :clap::clap::clap:[/QUOTE]

Then you will be pleased with 116/216. :wink:

Let them come… but i still want to try the Samsung SH-S203B… can someone offer me one??? :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I’m actually looking forward the 216 review, cause it’s already on sale in my area… :bigsmile: