CD Freaks Presents: The Pioneer DVR-115D DVD Burner Review

vbimport

CD Freaks Presents: The Pioneer DVR-115D DVD Burner Review

You can read the review here

Please feel free to comment on the review in this thread.

You are also invited to add your own tests and scans in this thread.

Great review Dee-27, and great drive. :clap:
It’s a bit noisy if compared to previous drives, true?

Excellent review Dee

[QUOTE=mognegna;2007633]
It’s a bit noisy if compared to previous drives, true?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know how Dee’s review drive was (although I’m guessing from the conclusion it’s as quiet as mine), but mine’s not noisy. It does tend to meow when closing the tray though (seriously!) :bigsmile:

Excellent review as always, Dee, thanks :flower:…results in the review are about the same as what I get with my drive in all respects :iagree:

I agree , a great review for a great drive. I love mine to bits. Nothing wrong with a bit of noise. LOL !!! :clap: :clap:

Lovin’ the review, [B]Dee[/B]! :clap:

Dee the Authors page was a pretty good addition :clap:

CD/DVD Speed Disk Quality supported?

[quote=zardiw;2007921]CD/DVD Speed Disk Quality supported?[/quote]No.

I am officially awarding this review as the best one currently posted on cdfreaks! Well done! :slight_smile:

It had everything I could hope for and more.

Btw - I looked @ cdrinfo and they once again said the Pioneer had not so good write quality (as they said for the 112). Almost all their review drives show bad burns so I question how good their datarius is.

One thing correlated though, the DL burns were very good for both reviews.

Wow, lovely. :flower:

One small q: Which JMicron controller is on the mobo? Thanks.

Would you mind adding more CD & DVD RWs in future reviews? It’s a pity to see only 6X -RW, 8X +RW in this wonderful review. I believe it would be a perfect review with Ricoh, Verb, Ritek, CMC, Optodisc RWs etc.

Excellent review as usual! :flower:

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback, it’s very much appreciated. :iagree:

As many of you will already know. The review teams have been in the process of revising and modernizing our review methods and layout for many months. The review team is large with each individual having different opinions on what was required and how it should be presented and how much media (max) should be burned, so agreement was quite difficult.

I hope we came to a consensus that the members can be happy with. :slight_smile:

So i’ll try to answer these questions. :slight_smile:

@mognegna
The DVR-115D is not as quiet as Pioneer’s 16x burners, but that’s to be expected with the higher spindle motor rotation speeds and the amount of air being moved.
The drive is not noisy though.

@Arachne
I never noticed this before, but my drive also seems to have a pussycat inside. :smiley:

@Bob
Yes. I like the Authors page too, it allows us to run some tests that we ourselves think are important.

@cd pirate
I’m glad the hardcore CD Freaks also like our new reviewing methods and presentation, thank you. :flower:

@chef
JMB363 R03 (with Microsoft Vista drivers)

@loimlo
I’m already burning the maximum amount of media allowed for CD-R and DVD R. I’ve tried to select a good range of media to burn. Some popular and good quality media, some ok media, and some questionable quality media.

We would of course be delighted, for members to also submit results they are getting with media we haven’t covered in the review. :wink:

I found it even cheaper (yes, inc VAT) and got it from here:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=713742

Very nice drive indeed so far!

Thanks Dee-27, great review. :clap::bow:
Also glad to see JMicron IDE drivers work this good for once.

I fully agree with your SafeBuy seal, first NEC chipset drive since ND3500 worth to buy.

BTW, hope we’ll get the DVD-RAM support for DVR-115D drives soon. :wink:

Excellent review Dee!

I will have to get a Pioneer now!

Thanks for the Excellent Review Dee-27 :flower:
I love this drive but have some trouble with TYG03 16X media :doh: ( Bad Disc ? )

Hi :slight_smile:
Excellent stuff Dee-27. :iagree: :clap: :bow:
Some interesting additions too!!! :cool:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2008247]I fully agree with your SafeBuy seal, first NEC chipset drive since ND3500 worth to buy.[/QUOTE]

The 112/212-series drives have the same NEC chipset (MC-10041). What is your opinion of them?

And Dee, thanks so much for a brilliant, comprehensive review! :clap: The inclusion of jitter scans has made my day :flower:

[QUOTE=alexanderino;2008408]The 112/212-series drives have the same NEC chipset (MC-10041). What is your opinion of them?..[/QUOTE]Sorry to say, but I don’t own a 112/212 drive, and I’m not that sure chipset revision is of same at all.
Time will tell. :smiley:
Thanks for your input though[I] alexanderino. :clap:[/I]