CD Freaks present TEAC CD-W552E (IDE) review!

I just posted the article CD Freaks present TEAC CD-W552E (IDE) review!.

We've finally wrapped up a new  review for our visitors. This time we've taken a look at the latest TEAC  recorder, the CD-W552E drive (52/24/52):       As most of our readers will know, the...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5623-CD-Freaks-present-TEAC-CD-W552E-IDE-review.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5623-CD-Freaks-present-TEAC-CD-W552E-IDE-review.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Original CDFreaks review after a long long time. :slight_smile:

nice… but it feels like cd-rw drives iis a thing of the past now… i would like to se some reviews on dvd+r dvd-r and dvd±r drives… i mean sure new think like 24x cdrw is a nice addition… well just a thought… nice review as always though :slight_smile:

Nice review :wink: Just a suggesion, how about testing reading of scratched discs.

i would like to se some reviews on dvd+r dvd-r and dvd±r drives
The Plextor PX-504A (DVD+R) is going to be my next review!

What typ of the Mitsui/MAM-E discs was used in the test? I can´t believe of a bad burn like this with a TEAC burner. Maybe it was of the SG Ultra typ as I have heard of a not so good quality with this media. For me only gold discs ATIP 97 17 55 + 97 17 56 are real Mitsuis.

Manufacturer: Mitsui Code: 97m27s58f Disc Type: CD-R Usage: General Recording Layer: Dye Type 8: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine) Capacity: 79:59.74 703 MB 48x certified, burned at 48x

We have removed a couple of tests, because they took much time and were only of intrest to a limited amount of people. Scratched disc tests are one of them.

Nice review GF! Now wait, if you uploaded now the TEAC CD-W552 review, maybe there is still time for me to upload the Mitsumi review too … i guess its never too late :wink:

looking forward to it gamefreak nice =)

>only of intrest to a limited amount of people. Scratched disc tests are one of them. I don’t see why lack of requests would suggest that few are interested in scratched disc tests. I consier the scratched disks test to be a basic functionality test much like “does the drive power up?” “does the tray move?” “does it spin?”. People don’t ask for things to be functional, they expect it.