CD/DVD Writing Problem (Pioneer DVR-112D DVD/CD Writer)

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-112D DVD/CD Writer Black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Im having a problem atm where if im writing a CD/DVD and try using the pc at the same time even if its just something very basic like browsing the net or looking through folders on my system drives the used memory buffer on the drives drops to 0%.

I have tried using something other than Nero 8.3 such as Easy Media Creator and it does the same.

My system spec is the following…
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3Ghz 2mb Level 2 cache)
ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard (Nforce 570 SLI Chipset)
2GB DDR II 800Mhz Cosair XMS2 Ram.
4x320GB Hard Disks SATA II
Geforce 8500GT 16x PCI-E Graphics
Pioneer 112D 18x DVD-RW IDE Drive

I have made sure that theres no software interfearing running in the background, ive tried switching off all Antivirus and firewall software when writing just incase that was interfearing etc and still doesnt solve the problem.

Can anyone else tell me what could be causing it?

You can try the old Alt/CTRL/DEL and see if there is any process running that’s using a lot of resources.

there r none thats the whole point, it only happens if im trying to use the system at the same time as writing, if left alone it will write fine.

With a system as upto date as mine surely i could use the net and write a disk at the same time?

[QUOTE=Cptkirk363;2242799]

With a system as upto date as mine surely i could use the net and write a disk at the same time?[/QUOTE]

One would think so, but obviously not in your case. How are you connecting to the net and what browser do you use?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2242813]One would think so, but obviously not in your case. How are you connecting to the net and what browser do you use?[/QUOTE]

Via Cable 20mb connection

I use Firefox browser

Well, it does’t appear that anything is out of the ordinary. Has it always been like this? If not, can you recall making any software/hardware changes? I really don’t have any idea as to what the problem might be, maybe someone who’s had a similar problem will post. One thing you might want to try is a program called Autoruns (it’s from MS), it will give some serious information about what programs/processes load at startup, maybe some you are unaware of.

What is the ide/sata controller setting in the BIOS?
Try updating the nvidia chipset drivers.