CD/DVD Scans - Are they of any use?

vbimport

After scanning lots of cds and dvds after buying the latest BEST dvd recorder, i thought… STOP… Are they of any use? Most of you must say YES, it brings joy to my life to seek for the ultimate 100% scan!!! But others do not care… If the backup can be played on the user dvd or pc what it the problem? One more PIE or PIF value? Buy good media and a good recorder and stop trying to be the GOD of dvd recording… :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I think they’re handy, in that if you do them every six months or so, you can check for any deterioration of the disc. :slight_smile:

Scans are fun, but IMO they’re not the be-all and end-all :wink:

Suppose you’ve bought the best DVDR in the world and the best DVD recorder in the world and backed up all your precious work… but you’re about to format the hard disk… wouldn’t you give a try to Nero Speed or IsoBuster to check that every byte is healthy?.
Or the best recorder didn’t understand the best media’s chemistry, and chose a wrong recording strategy… better make sure!.
A scan may make you sure your new DVD-Video is Ok without having to watch all of it, that’s an invaluable help.
“If you do them every six months or so, you can check for any deterioration of the disc”. I agree, but would do so mainly to check for the recorder’s deterioration.