Cd/dvd problems

vbimport

dose any 1 know how to fix my dell laptop i have a problem with my dvd drive i can make dvds but when i try to make a cd it keeps failing on about 90% of the way what is causing this to happen i have updated my softwere but has made no diffrences i have only got bot 2 whole cd 100% but last 2 tracks wont work can any 1 help me be for i send it back to dell please

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What model Dell do you have?
What model is the DVD drive inside?
What software are you using to burn your CDs?
What speed are you burning your CDs at?
What brand are the CDs you’re trying to burn to?

It might be worth trying a few things before considering getting your Dell serviced, if you haven’t tried these already:

Try different burning software.
Lower the burn speed: I’d recommend 16x for audio.
Try a better brand of disc.

Additionally, if you’re using Nero to burn, then it should prompt you to save a log file when the burn fails - if you could post that, it would help pin the source of the problem down. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=simon4adele;2490637]dose any 1 know how to fix my dell laptop i have a problem with my dvd drive i can make dvds but when i try to make a cd it keeps failing on about 90% of the way what is causing this to happen i have updated my softwere but has made no diffrences i have only got bot 2 whole cd 100% but last 2 tracks wont work can any 1 help me be for i send it back to dell please[/QUOTE]

Ugh!

Is the shift key, the dot key and the comma key defective too? :rolleyes:

First burn slower and use HQ CD media.