CD/DVD Label Printing Canon MP600R

vbimport

I recently bought a Canon MP600R and have been very pleased but… I have managed to print on one DVD, however I now cannot and I am getting an error message asking me to close the inner cover. I have followed all the instructions, ensuring that I do not open the inner cover until told to do so, then inserting the CD-R tray, press print and then the error message. It asks me to close the inner cover and then press OK on the printer. If I do this, of course I take out the CD-R tray and it prints on normal paper. I am using the CD/DVD print software that came with the printer.

Any ideas?

Be sure you have selected the disc tray as the “page size” on the “page setup” tab.

Success!!! :slight_smile:

Although the suggestion to change the page size did not help, I eventually found the problem. Some how the machine had managed to revert to “US” mode and it seems in this mode does not allow printing to the CD-R, changing back to Euro mode fixes the problem. I found these instructions at this blog:

http://aricsblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/canon-pixma-mp830-hack-to-enable.html

or alternatively just follow these instructions:

1. Plug the printer in, but leave it powered off. If it is already on, turn it off.
  2. Press and hold the Stop/Reset button.
  3. While still holding the Stop/Reset button, press and hold the Power button.
  4. Hold both of them down for 5 seconds, then release the Stop/Reset button, continuing to hold down the power button.
  5. Press and release the Stop/Reset button 2 times.
  6. Release the power button.

At this point the printer should power on, but it will enter a special service mode.

1. Wait until the green copy light on the control panel stops flashing. This takes about 30 seconds.
  2. (Optional) If you wish, you can press the Stop/Reset button 1 time, then press the Power button, and a ROM page will print. It should indicate US region at the top.
  3. Press the Stop/Reset button 5 times to enter the “Set Region Mode”. Then press the Power button.
  4. Press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for Europe/UK (3 times for the US if you wish to change it back later). Then press the Power button.
  5. (Optional) If you wish, you can press the Stop/Reset button 1 time, then press the Power button, and a ROM page will print. It should indicate Euro region at the top.
  6. Press the Power button 2 times to save the changes.

These are for a different Canon printer, but they worked just as well for the MP600R.

I can now print to the CD-R tray. :bigsmile:

I’ve gone to the trouble of registering for this website, just to pass on my thanks for the post above.

I had the same problem, inexplicably, and yours was the first reponse to googling “MP600R CD print error”. Sure enough, I followed your instructions exactly and it’s resolved the problem.

In my case, the printer seemed to have reset to the “JPN” (presumably Japan) region, and I restored it to the “EUR” region and my ability to print onto CD has returned.

I’ve done nothing I can think of to reset the region, but did disconnect the printer for a period of several days while I moved house. I wonder if the region is somehow stored on semi-volatile memory.

Anyhow, thanks for the very valuable post. Just goes to show that with a bit of Googling, patience, and following instructions exactly, a lot of frustrating time can be saved.

Hello,

I have a Canon MP600R and am very happy, but I have only just realised that the cartridges have a chip that does not let you refill them. Does anybody know of a work around?
Thanks

[QUOTE=kronos109;1970125]Hello,

I have a Canon MP600R and am very happy, but I have only just realised that the cartridges have a chip that does not let you refill them. Does anybody know of a work around?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

You need to disable the ink monitoring system, then you can use them over. Or, transfer the chip to a compatible tank. Instructions here.

Thank you so much!

I’ve spend hours reloading drivers, talking to Canon Tech support (no idea) to sort out my MP600R problem. Now happily printing onto printable CD/DVD labels - heaven - thanks again!
Paul from New Zealand

[QUOTE=nalmellor;1817185]Success!!! :slight_smile:

Although the suggestion to change the page size did not help, I eventually found the problem. Some how the machine had managed to revert to “US” mode and it seems in this mode does not allow printing to the CD-R, changing back to Euro mode fixes the problem. I found these instructions at this blog:

1. Plug the printer in, but leave it powered off. If it is already on, turn it off.
  4. Hold both of them down for 5 seconds, then release the Stop/Reset button, continuing to hold down the power button.

At this point the printer should power on, but it will enter a special service mode.

1. Wait until the green copy light on the control panel stops flashing. This takes about 30 seconds.
  2. (Optional) If you wish, you can press the Stop/Reset button 1 time, then press the Power button, and a ROM page will print. It should indicate US region at the top.
  3. Press the Stop/Reset button 5 times to enter the “Set Region Mode”. Then press the Power button.
  4. Press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for Europe/UK (3 times for the US if you wish to change it back later). Then press the Power button.
  5. (Optional) If you wish, you can press the Stop/Reset button 1 time, then press the Power button, and a ROM page will print. It should indicate Euro region at the top.

These are for a different Canon printer, but they worked just as well for the MP600R.

I can now print to the CD-R tray. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I just wanted to say a big thanks on getting my MP830 CDR printing working, great update.
I dont know why but again i moved and had my printer disconnected for over 1 week, hence must have lost its settings and YES set to US mode !
All back to EUR, thanks from Aussie in Melbourne Australia !
Cheers.

[QUOTE = nalmellor; 1815497] Ik kocht onlangs een Canon MP600R en zijn zeer tevreden, maar … Ben ik erin geslaagd om af te drukken op een DVD, maar ik kan nu niet en ik krijg een foutmelding vraagt \u200b\u200bme om het binnenste deksel te sluiten. Ik heb alle aanwijzingen opgevolgd, zodat ik niet het binnenste deksel open tot verteld dat dat zo is dan doen, het plaatsen van de CD-R-lade, druk op print en dan de foutmelding. Vraagt \u200b\u200bhij me om het binnenste deksel dicht en druk op OK op de printer. Als ik dit doe, natuurlijk neem ik de CD-R-lade en het afdrukken op normaal papier. Ik ben met behulp van de CD / DVD print software die bij de printer.

Iemand een idee? [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CDan;1970248]You need to disable the ink monitoring system, then you can use them over. Or, transfer the chip to a compatible tank. Instructions here.[/QUOTE]
Hi!
I had the similar issue. I was told by an expert the same tip as you described, then he added to disable all windows security programmes. I applied these tips but I experienced that it was OK for a while, but it always comes up as stuff being stuck in there, even when there isn’t anything in there at all.

I’m having some problems printing to CD via my Pixma MP600 and tray F. Even when I print with Canon’s CD-LabelPrint, the printed image starts way too far down the tray, as though the printer is having trouble properly pulling the tray in. It actually ends up printing ONTO the plastic of the tray, which is obviously not good.

[QUOTE=nalmellor;1817185]Success!!! :slight_smile:

I can now print to the CD-R tray. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for that information, I have had this problem for over a year now, but on the odd occasion it did print on the cd , but now you showed the info you did I have just fixed the problem BIG Thanks to you :wink: . Also worked for my Canon ip4000