Cd/dvd injet printing

vbimport

which cd and dvd has the print area closest to the hub, verbatim are 40mm if you scan retail dvds the graphics are closer to the hub and you lose some of the picture

Any “hub-printable” type will get you to around 23-24mm.

CMC Mag +R and -R, Prodisc +R and -R hub printable are 23mm and most Verbatim hub printable
are around 21 - 22mm with 119mm outer printable area. I have some PlayO +R DL RICOHJPN DO1
discs that are hub printable and have all the way down to a 18mm inner and 119mm outer printable
area now if only Verbatim would follow suite and make a hub printable DL disc. :iagree:

The largest printable DVDs I’ve found are TY ValueLine 8x -R TYG02, which are white 22-118mm, & ProDisc 4x -R silver 23-119mm.

everyone i speak to swears by Ritek/Traxdata, i believe these are 118-23mm print area. very low reject rate, hardly ever have a reject and i go though thousands of these discs.

I certainly second the TY meida. CMC I never had good luck with in automated duplicators, they commonly had out of round inner hubs which caused a lot of clamping errors but if you’re using a stand-alone duplicator tower they’ll work fine. CMC and ProDisc both had issues with shifting printable surfaces that weren’t centered. While TY occasionally has this issue it was significantly less than CMC/ProDisc.

Does anyone produce an “all-in-one” printer, copier, scanner, fax that has the capability of printing to CD/DVD media?

[QUOTE=ray r;2162896]Does anyone produce an “all-in-one” printer, copier, scanner, fax that has the capability of printing to CD/DVD media?[/QUOTE]

The Epson Stylus Photo RX680 is about as close as you can get to what you want but it doesn’t
fax as far as I know but it will scan, copy, and print CD/DVD I can’t think of a all-in-one right off
hand that would do it all. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63069505 it is on sale
right now for $109.99 + shipping and maybe tax. :iagree:

[QUOTE=ray r;2162896]Does anyone produce an “all-in-one” printer, copier, scanner, fax that has the capability of printing to CD/DVD media?[/QUOTE]

The Canon MP600 and up will do so with a simple firmware mod, The MX850 is, (I think), the only model with fax ability AND disc printing. Most if not all the MP models cannot fax.

[QUOTE=getit29;2162985]The Epson Stylus Photo RX680 is about as close as you can get to what you want but it doesn’t
fax as far as I know but it will scan, copy, and print CD/DVD I can’t think of a all-in-one right off
hand that would do it all. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63069505 it is on sale
right now for $109.99 + shipping and maybe tax. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Right now Epson US has a coupon code for the 680 that gets the final price down to 89.99. I posted the code a couple of days ago in another thread but can not remember which one now.

The coupon code was 8ZNASE, but it expired on November 17th.