CD/DVD file cataloging software

vbimport

I’m looking for software to catalog the files on my work CDs/DVDs. These are not music or video files, but page layout (Indesign, etc.), graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator), PDFs, and similar files.

I’m currently using Pirem CD Cataloguer, but it has become very slow and I think it may be close to reaching capacity. It hasn’t been upgraded in years and the company seems to have ceased business.

I know there are a lot of programs out there, and before I bought Pirem, I spent many, many hours downloading, installing, and trying out at least 6 or 7 programs. I was hoping to get some recommendations so I don’t have to spend so much time doing tryouts again.

I want a program that has a very good search function – including the ability to search for a file when I only know part of the filename. The program doesn’t need to be freeware. I’m happy to pay for it, but would like to try a demo first to make sure it does what I want. I’d like to keep the cost under $50 if possible.

A big plus would be the ability to print out a CD front cover insert (not sure of the correct term – something I can print out and cut to fit inside the CD jewel case) that lists the files on the disk. (The Pirem software has this feature.)

Any recommendations?

TIA,

Mallomar

Have a look at WhereIsIt ($40 ShareWare).

Thanks, I’ve downloaded it and will try it out.

Mallomar

Thanks, I’ve downloaded it and will try it out.

Mallomar