CD+DVD-entitys + mountingdevices malfunctioning at the same time?

Hi!

Some time ago, my cd-reader/burner and cd/dvd-burner/reader started to malfunction. Now, I can still eject them, so it doesn’t seem to be a mechanical problem (add to that; they both stopped functioning at the same time). Then I noticed something even stranger; I could no longer mount files! I’ve tried a couple of different mountingprograms (daemontools & magic-iso for two), without progress.

The computer (Dell Dimension 4600) finds the hardware, but gives me an errormessage;

“This entitys driver cannot be read. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”

(loosely translated from swedish :D)

I’m at the moment trying to find a way to format the harddrive, but even that’s an uphill-struggle, because BIOS won’t seem to read the operative-system cd neither…

my cd/dvd drives are;
SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E
SONY CD-RW CRX216E

Any help to fix the problem itself or finding a way to format the harddrive wolud be very much appreciated.
:bow:

Hi and welcome![QUOTE=pinzor;1987022]Some time ago, my cd-reader/burner and cd/dvd-burner/reader started to malfunction. (…)

The computer (Dell Dimension 4600) finds the hardware, but gives me an errormessage;

“This entitys driver cannot be read. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”
(…)
Any help to fix the problem itself or finding a way to format the harddrive wolud be very much appreciated.
[/QUOTE]This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael