CD/DVD combo drive suggestions

Well it’s time for me to toss out (or just put in my backup computer) the 'ol Samsung TS-H552B and drop some cash on a new burner. The TS tray sticks, goofs up burns, etc so I don’t think it’s long for this world.
Kind of wanted a Light Scribe because I don’t have a cd printer and found out the hard way that labels don’t work, but seems they’re not all their cracked up to be.
So whats a good burner that does it all and won’t cost me an arm and a leg?
Heard Lite-On are good but which one? IDE or Sata? I have Sata connections for my hd’s but is that what they use?
I just want a good, reliable burner less than $50.

Thanks for any ideas.

PS I tend to use more -R media but do a lot of dvd burning and try to use Taiyo when I can. But also use the cheap Fry’s throw aways from time to time.

I would recommend the LG GSA-H54L has been a real tough worker for me so far, I have had it about 6 months and it has Lightscribe. Also I would recommend using Lightscribe software straight from Lightscribe.com it has a trial period of 15 days. But this software is owesome and is way better then the crappy Nero 7 that comes with the drive. Also I paid under 40 dollars for this drive at Staples and I bought a replacement warranty of 2 years cause I use the heck out of it!