CD/DVD Burning Problems (Samsung SH-S182M / TS-H652M)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S182M / TS-H652M. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey everyone! First off I would just like to apologize if my question is a bit noobish; this is my first post, and really I don’t know what I’m doing… So if you could just bear with me, that would be really great!

So here's my problem : every time I try to burn a CD or DVD, my computer crashes and reboots! What happens is that I'll run Nero, add files to the compilation, etc., so when I'm finally ready, I click "Burn", and then it burns for a little bit. But all of a sudden, the screen goes black as if I had pressed the power button, then the computer reboots, and before the log-in screen appears, the screen turns blue, but there's no text or anything, it's just the cursor flashing on and off. Then the log in screen will appear, and I log in, and then a window pops up that says, "Windows has recovered from a serious error." I really have no idea why or how it happens... It just started happening one day; it used to work just fine. Furthermore, I think it should be stated that not only did I try burning it with Nero, but also with Windows Media Player.

Here's my information : 

:: System ::
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

:: Computer ::
Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 1.00 of RAM

:: Software ::
Nero 7 Premium

:: Hardware ::
Samsung WriteMaster SH-S182M with LightScribe

If anyone could help me with this problem, that would be very appreciated!! Thank you!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You also have a post in our Samsung forum on the same subject - please don’t crosspost. It’s against forum rules, and makes it difficult to co-ordinate replies and advice.

This thread will be closed, but if anyone has any advice or help for return2forever, please post in this thread. Thanks.