CD/DVD burners do not recognize disks

vbimport

I tried to install Easy Media Creator 10 and neither of my drives detected the dvd. I have a Phillips DVD+RW DVD8631 and a HP DVD Writer 1040d. I tried other disks and they were not detected, either. I don’t know it this is related, but prior to trying to install EMC 10, I tried to uninstall my other Roxio and Adobe products to make room: Photoshop 6, Easy Media Creator 6, 8, and 9, and Photosuite Platinum 7. None would uninstall and the message generated before the uninstallations were rolled back all contained something about “launch common uninstaller.” The first message I received trying to uninstall Photoshop 6 was “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\PhotoshopElements.Applications.6\CLSID.” I’m wondering if I have somehow deleted files needed for my drives to recognize the disks. :rolleyes:

Try going into Control Panel, uninstall your CD/DVD drives, then go to the IDE’s, and uninstall the primary and secondary ide’s, then reboot and let windows autodetect everything. Try reading a cd/dvd again.

Aside from getting the drives to work (most common solution noted above), you also need to spend some time and effort into getting your HDD cleaned up and correcting/cleaning the registry. It will be well worth your time and effort.

Many thanks to harley2ride and Dogg. My drives are recognizing the disks now! However, I seem to have a new problem. I can’t uninstall my other Roxio products because of an error message about unable to locate an uninstall file

[QUOTE=pmincey;2006723]Many thanks to harley2ride and Dogg. My drives are recognizing the disks now! However, I seem to have a new problem. I can’t uninstall my other Roxio products because of an error message about unable to locate an uninstall file[/QUOTE]

Try Roxio Zap it will uninstall it

It is about half way down the page