CD/DVD burner I/O device error

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-712A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Help Please!!! DVD burner works fine with burning software. When using My Computer contents of dvd in the burner can not be viewed. D:\ is not accessible. comes up with the message “The request could not be perfored because of an I/O device error”. Now files can not be dragged and dropped from C drive or CD/DVD ROM drive to the burner. CD/DVD ROM still lets me view the disks contents in that drive though.
Burner is E: CD/DVD ROM is D:

You should be able to view the contents of the discs in either drive. Dragging and dropping files could be OS or software related and not necessarily a hardware issue.

Are both drives properly identified in Device Manager? Do either of them have a yellow exclamation point next to them?

[QUOTE=bhines8306;2208964][qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-712A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Help Please!!! DVD burner works fine with burning software. When using My Computer contents of dvd in the burner can not be viewed. D:\ is not accessible. comes up with the message “The request could not be perfored because of an I/O device error”. [B][B]Now files can not be dragged and dropped from C drive or CD/DVD ROM drive to the burner. [/B][/B] CD/DVD ROM still lets me view the disks contents in that drive though.
Burner is E: CD/DVD ROM is D:[/QUOTE]

This is not possible with DVD media …