CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning for Android in development

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning for Android in development[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/10/myce-android-open-mapi-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

A group of developers has posted a project on the crowdfunding website Indiegogo to raise money for a project that should bring CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning to Android devices.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/cd-dvd-and-blu-ray-burning-for-android-in-development-69353/](http://www.myce.com/news/cd-dvd-and-blu-ray-burning-for-android-in-development-69353/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It’s neat and I’d love to see it work but I doubt the commercial success of this effort, and I suppose the low amount raised so far is an indicator of that.

Hi ISOBuster,

I do not think that this project will ever have a commercial success because it is an open source project. I think closed source and crowd funding will not work.

To result the low amount of funders in the success of the porject is really amazing. I think every one have to arrived in the real world.

Take a look to indiegogo.com. It is not really a crowd funding website, it is just a reseller website. All the big projects there are selling exitsing goods to the people. There is nothing about “ideas” and help to make this ideas successfull.
All the “products” there are also done with ultra high quality wording, videos, images. All this high qualiy project pages make it impossible to get funds there because you have no chance to get listed.
You have to collect your funds yourself with expensive campaigns and expensive press releases. This is the sense of crowd funding?
We were never promote by indiegogo. There are just the top projects promoted those who have nothing to do with crowd funding. Just selling.
We saw it too late that indiegogo is just a internet QVC.

However, OpenIMAPI will not die after this project is finished but we will start first only with Acer tablets. Then we will see what happens.

The goal is not commercial. Our goal is that OpenIMAPI will be added by the vendors to their Android builds and to make it part of the official source.

Now THIS is an attitude worthy of investors.

ChristineBCW, if you’re as great as you always pretend to be here in the forum, then you also knew that crowdfunding and investors are a big different thing.

And please save us at last of your attitude that everything is bad and all the people, except you are stupid.

Hi OpenIMAPI,

Well, I look forward checking out discs created with OpenIMAPI :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=IsoBuster;2706982]Hi OpenIMAPI,

Well, I look forward checking out discs created with OpenIMAPI :)[/QUOTE]

As a registered Isobuster user since 2005,I’m looking forward to Isobuster 4.0 Pro with support for OpenIMAPI…:bigsmile::wink:

Knowing that tablet bandwidth and throutputs are not ready for HDD speeds, you can expect it to be a problem for disc media as well…

Look at the pitiful read/write speeds of sdxc cards available today.
It will be 2-4 years before this would be viable… and by that time flash (and NETWORKed HDD’s) will become cheaper and cheaper…

Hi tmc8080,

I think you are wrong. The reading speed of storage cards is good enough and for writing data to a disc you do not need the writing speed, that is truelly low on some cards. So with the reading speed you are able to burn data fast enough to enjoy.
So far, our first attempts on our Acer tablets work well and this is just in debuggin mode (slow).

Finaly, online storage and network storage will be always unsecure and so writing the data to disc is a good alternative. And if you see it in business, I do not know currently any insurance that accept backups on cloud storage systems.

That is the point why we want to make it. And finaly, everyone can decide himself to use it or not :slight_smile:

> As a registered Isobuster user since 2005,I’m looking forward to Isobuster 4.0 Pro with support for OpenIMAPI…

IsoBuster on Android … hmmm … not very likely :slight_smile:
But I’ll make sure the discs that get produced by it will be supported :slight_smile:
(Of course I trust they will be within the standards … so they are already supported :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OpenIMAPI;2706963]…except you are stupid.[/QUOTE]
'Tis your intelligence in question. Your poor skills in English and your delusion that they’re even ‘adequate’ are now your organization’s problem.

ChristineBCW,

hmm, what organization has problems? I think you always try to turn the truth how its fits to you. Judging someone by his language is pathetic. Only people without education do such a thing.
You like to insult others, but only to hide that you have no idea about the subject.

Although YOU are the one that starts name-calling after misreading my comment completely.

[QUOTE=IsoBuster;2707089]But I’ll make sure the discs that get produced by it will be supported :-)[/QUOTE]

That’s what I meant,not an Android version…:wink:
Maybe my English confused you…:D,but I can ashure you that my Dutch is much better. :bigsmile:

Looks like to be a very interesting project.

ChrinstineBCW:
This is a comment from an old US citizen, natural spaeker about your comment.
"its not a norm for english so i would say there not in usa or uk"
So is it misreading or miswriting? I think it is betetr to do not thow with shit everywhere, what you go tis the result. But finaly it seems you are not perfect in english, too.

Isobsuter:
Peter, I will forward you a test version if we are ready with the development. So you can burn any analyze a disk yourself.

Gee, what recent UserID started off with name-calling and insults? That High-Anger, Low-Understanding style… allusions to a long history of confused and inaccurate reading here on this forum…hmmm. Like the Bard said, seems like a Ronger by any other name still emits an odor. Very leedveraakian.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2707190]Gee, what recent UserID started off with name-calling and insults? That High-Anger, Low-Understanding style… allusions to a long history of confused and inaccurate reading here on this forum…hmmm. Like the Bard said, seems like a Ronger by any other name still emits an odor. Very leedveraakian.[/QUOTE]

Christine, just remember there were always some posters who made a hobby of insulting others with their style, attitude and manners. Somehow, it is hard not to react as these manifestations in many cases are so damn incorrect and unintelligent.

My post is not made to take sides. It is just a thought.

DVDRanger! Now I understand!

And you too understood the need to create another UserID to hide behind after your numerous ill-tempered postings as those other DVDRanger-etc IDs! Yet, that sterling personality of yours illustrates its true nature! Ah well…there really IS something to that old chestnut about “tigers” and “changing stripes”.

Here’s wishing to your continued success! It’s a delight to see you maintain those same customer-service standards, too.

(If you want to create another UserID to hide behind, let me know and I’ll avoid alerting others. By the way, have you thought about anti-fungal drives? I understand those might generate high-interest in Brasil.)