Cd duplication VS cd replication

vbimport

so from what i read cd duplication duplicate cds like a burner does, and cd replication press a cd just like commercial cd does, now i was wondering:

which method makes a longer lasting cd?

which is better?

thank you for the help.

a pressed disc is aluminum, so it will degrade much slower than the dye of a burned disc.

Discs are also pressed from an error-free master, physically, so there is no chance of errors on the disc.

Both should (in theory) sound identical to the ear. (the data is the same) but there are those among us who will debate this to the bitter end, so i’ll conclude by saying that IN THEORY a pressed disc is always better than a burned one.

I still have cd’s i burned over 10 years ago that play fine (besides physical damage) and discs and burners are 10x better than they were back then, so i would say it’s safe to assume that you will have useable discs for a minimum of 10 years.

—Just to make note of something-- 10 years ago there were no ‘cheap’ discs, or ‘cheap’ burners. There was only plextor, verbatim, ty, and sony (even maxell discs were of good quality back then) so what i really should say is that GOOD burners and GOOD discs are 10x better than they were back then. But store-brand discs are probably worse than the media available back then.

[QUOTE=heyman421;2043817]a pressed disc is aluminum, so it will degrade much slower than the dye of a burned disc.

Discs are also pressed from an error-free master, physically, so there is no chance of errors on the disc.

Both should (in theory) sound identical to the ear. (the data is the same) but there are those among us who will debate this to the bitter end, so i’ll conclude by saying that IN THEORY a pressed disc is always better than a burned one.

I still have cd’s i burned over 10 years ago that play fine (besides physical damage) and discs and burners are 10x better than they were back then, so i would say it’s safe to assume that you will have useable discs for a minimum of 10 years.

—Just to make note of something-- 10 years ago there were no ‘cheap’ discs, or ‘cheap’ burners. There was only plextor, verbatim, ty, and sony (even maxell discs were of good quality back then) so what i really should say is that GOOD burners and GOOD discs are 10x better than they were back then. But store-brand discs are probably worse than the media available back then.[/QUOTE]

wait…does that mean all my ligit music and games cds, some of which were bought decades ago, are degrading just like a burnt cd?

but i was always told that commercial cds don’t degrade like burnt ones!

please tell me you’re sure that commercial cds does degrade! and how much faster does burnt ones degrade?

thank you very, very much!