CD drives won't recognize in My Computer

vbimport

When i open My Computer, I see the D: and E: Drives there. I insert a CD it will see it, if it is a music cd and opens the default player. If I close the default player and try and double click on the D: or E: drive to open the cd, it will not see it and tells me to insert a disk. What can I do to fix this? I have had this computer for 12 years and it started acting up when I installed a external dvd player/burner made by LG. I took this dvd player/burner off, and this is how the drives are acting. Its like the DVD player changed the settings or something. Any advise would be appreciated.

thank you:D

[QUOTE=pinkbumble;2041664]When i open My Computer, I see the D: and E: Drives there. I insert a CD it will see it, if it is a music cd and opens the default player. If I close the default player and try and double click on the D: or E: drive to open the cd, it will not see it and tells me to insert a disk. What can I do to fix this? I have had this computer for 12 years and it started acting up [B]when I installed a external dvd player/burner made by LG[/B]. I took this dvd player/burner off, and this is how the drives are acting. Its like the DVD player changed the settings or something. Any advise would be appreciated.

thank you:D[/QUOTE]

How did you install an EXTERNAL drive? Is it an external or not?

Yes I installed an externel drive. You plug it into the usb port. The model of it is:
GSA - E0N LG Electronics Inc.