Cd-da audio rip doesn't play any sound

vbimport

can’t seem to get a usable copy of an audio cd-da disc. the disc seems to have 3 sessions and it shows the 8 tracks in isobuster and cdex but won’t play any sound from the ripped .wav / .mp3 files. any suggestions? eac gives a drive unable to read error and won’t do much of anything. i’m using a samsung sh203n dvd-rw drive (i have two installed and neither produce a working rip.)

tia! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=spinejam;2535021]can’t seem to get a usable copy of an audio cd-da disc. the disc seems to have 3 sessions (…)[/QUOTE]Then this is not a CDDA :cool:
Additionally, some copy protection crap from that disc may already run in the background (ever heard of the Sony Rootkit?).

First thing I would try is running a Linux Live disc and see if I could access the audio tracks there.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2535058]Then this is not a CDDA :cool:
Additionally, some copy protection crap from that disc may already run in the background (ever heard of the Sony Rootkit?).

First thing I would try is running a Linux Live disc and see if I could access the audio tracks there.

Michael[/QUOTE]

will try & get back to you. tx! :slight_smile:

I would use CloneCD in this case to produce a usable copy of it.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2535058]Then this is not a CDDA :cool:
Additionally, some copy protection crap from that disc may already run in the background (ever heard of the Sony Rootkit?).[/QUOTE]

Correct, the Redbook standards do not permit more then 1 session. Bluebook (Enhanced CD) permits 2 sessions, nothing permits 3.

The only Audio CDs that use 3 sessions that I am aware of are [B][I]Key2Audio[/I][/B] by Sony. It’s a 1st gen passive protection.

Either try AnyDVD and remove the bogus sessions OR if you can see the gap on the CD use the old felt tip marker trick. If you have a Plextor (my fav) use Plex tools for “single session” only.

Like all passive crap it works on some drives and not on others so maybe finding the right drive.