CD copying software

vbimport

I may be in the wrong place however I am looking for help. I am an old guy who is just looking for a respectable dvd/cd software product to purchase. I primarily want to do nothing more than copy songs off of music CDs and create my own CDs of my favorite tunes. I know it’s a simple question, but i have been doing the reviews thing and none seem to be problem free for such a menial task. I have a new Dell with all the bells and whistles and am running Vista Ultimate. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated folks.

[QUOTE=Tommygolfs;2141748]I may be in the wrong place however I am looking for help. I am an old guy who is just looking for a respectable dvd/cd software product to purchase. I primarily want to do nothing more than copy songs off of music CDs and create my own CDs of my favorite tunes. I know it’s a simple question, but i have been doing the reviews thing and none seem to be problem free for such a menial task. I have a new Dell with all the bells and whistles and am running Vista Ultimate. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated folks.[/QUOTE]

There is Winamp a paid program that can rip your cd and also a free EAC that also rips music from your cd as well. Give those two programs a look over and see which might fit your needs. Those are the two I used most to rip my music cd collections.

I also like EAC for a free program. I usually try Windows Media Player first to extract songs but if that doesnt work then I use EAC. (which there were 2 steps need to make it work, like a 2 part download . . . anyway not too difficult as nice free alternative).

Then for making CDs I would think you would have some OEM software installed, like Nero, that would let you made CDs, either you want to make Data CDs (of mp3s) or actually Audio CDs that will be read by any player.

For making audio CDs I use CopyToDVD, which I like but I am sure there are free alternatives to this as well. (CopyToDVD doesn’t handle the copying part of what you want to do only the burning . . . so don’t be mislead)

An easy to use all-in-one solution is the free foobar2000. Besides Foobar2000, you only need a burning software and I suggest ImgBurn.

Once you installed both free software, the steps are rather simply:

[ol]
[li]Run foobar
[/li][li]Go to menu [B]File[/B] and select [B]Open Audio CD[/B]
[/li][li]If you have more than one drive, select the one where you inserted the CD
[/li][li]Press the button [B]Play[/B]
[/li][li]Immediately after the disc start to play, stop it pressing the [B]Stop[/B] button on the main window.
[/li][li]Select all files in the main window and right click on the selection, then select the command [B]Tagging[/B] --> [B]Get Tags from freedb[/B]. Of course this require an active internet connection :slight_smile:
[/li][li]Once the database find the information, press the button [B]Update Files[/B]
[/li][li]Finally, select the tracks you want to keep to build your personal compilation. To select multiple tracks, press the left mouse button holding pressed the “[B]CTRL[/B]” button on the keyboard
[/li][li]Right click on the selected files and select [B]Convert[/B] --> [B]Convert to…[/B]
[/li][li]From the drop-down box, select [B]WAV[/B] and then press [B]OK[/B]
[/li][li]Select a folder where to save the ripped files and wait until all files are copied on the hard disk
[/li][li]Once all files are on your HDD, repeat the same operation with other CDs and collect all the songs you want to put in your personal compilation in the same folder. Once you collected 700 MB of wav files, you are ready for the next step
[/li][li]Remove all CDs from the player and go to menu [B]File[/B] and select [B]Open[/B]. Navigate to the folder where you saved all WAV files, and then select all files and press the button [B]OPEN[/B].
[/li][li]In the main window select all files and righe click on the selection. Select [B]Convert[/B] --> [B]Generate album images with CUE sheet or chapters[/B]
[/li][li]Press the button [B]OK[/B] and wait and write a name for your compilation, for example [B]My_Compilation[/B].
[/li][li]When the program finish the work, you should have in the folder a file named [B]My_Compilation.wav[/B] and a file named [B]My_Compilation.cue[/B]
[/li][li]You are almost ready to burn your personal compilation. Run ImgBurn and select the [B]Write Mode[/B].
[/li][li]Open the [B].CUE[/B] file and insert a blank CD on your burner.
[/li][li]Select a burning speed (for audio CDs the best option is 16x). I suggest to not burn faster than 16x, or some players will be not able to read the disc.
[/li][li]Press the Write button in the lower part of the main window, and wait until the writing process is completed.
[/li][/ol]

That’s all :slight_smile:

I hope that the list is enough clear :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2142617]An easy to use all-in-one solution is the free foobar2000. Besides Foobar2000, you only need a burning software and I suggest ImgBurn.
[/QUOTE]
:iagree:I agree.
This combination of foobar2000 and ImgBurn works particularly well and should be sufficient with brand new out-of-the-wrapper Audio CD’s. I use this method with all my newly purchased discs.

coolcolors,

a free EAC that also rips music from your cd as well.

EAC is considered the best Audio CD ripper.:bow: It is preferable to other CDA ripping software when ripping older, well-used, (scratched) CD’s in your collection particularly when used in combination with an excellent reading optical drive. Some versions are also capable of ripping some protected Audio CD’s, again with the right reading drive.

cd burner xp @ cd burner xp is a good choice I have used in the past.
It is also free.