CD code

Hallo, this is my first post on this forum!
I need to know if there exists any code on burned CD which make possible to know what is the CD device (not the brand but the single unit) that burned it.
Thanks

@ robonave,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you use the N e r o CD DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip) software utility program under the “Disc Info” Tab and have the “Extended Information” box checked it will reveal “Recorder Information” – the Name/Model Number of Optical Drive that was used to record the particular Media disk.

Regards,
bjkg

@bjkg

Are you sure about that? I think Nero CD/DVD Speed shows this kind of info only for DVD-R media. Not for DVD+R and CDR ones! At least this way it works with my recorders :wink:

[QUOTE=bjkg;2273705]@ robonave,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you use the N e r o CD DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip) software utility program under the “Disc Info” Tab and have the “Extended Information” box checked it will reveal “Recorder Information” – the Name/Model Number of Optical Drive that was used to record the particular Media disk.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

I cannot find them on CDROM but even on DVD-R there is no specific information on the drive s/n, am I making wrong?

I need to know if there exists any code on burned CD which make possible to know what is the CD device (not the brand but the single unit) that burned it.
There are many tools to tell you this. In windoze DVDInfo is quite handy (pic1). Reading proper blocks on disc will tell you drives serial number also, heh.

I cannot find them on CDROM but even on DVD-R there is no specific information on the drive s/n, am I making wrong?
No probs here as well… :flower:
(pic2)

Note. This disc is not burned in same drive as read right now. :smiley:

@ robonave,

You did not specify that you were attempting to obtain the CD Device that ‘Burned’ a CD-ROM Media Disk. It is not possible to obtain this information because a CD-ROM Media Disk was never Burned. CD-ROMs are ‘Commercially Pressed’ and not Burned in the manner that CD-R/DVD±R Media Disk is Burned.

Nero CD-DVD Speed with reveal the Name/Model Number of Optical Drive that was used to record the particular CD-R/DVD±R Media disk. Also if you use Nero Info Tool under the “Disc” tab it will reveal the Date the CD-R/DVD±R Media Disk was recorded and the Software Application that was used to record the CD-R/DVD±R Media Disk.

Perhaps if you explained in detail exactly what you are attempting to do Forum Members might be able to provide more meaningful assistance to you.

Regards,
bjkg

[I]Not in all at topic.[/I] :cool:

Good point [I]bjkg[/I]. :iagree: Thanks. :flower:

BTW, adding to my post above. Not all CD/DVD drives/burners are able to report information that OP is asking for.
Also this symptom can also depend on simple things as; the SW version you use, or the firmware version, or even the drive model not being supported by the (windoze) progz you use.
(Note. In linux you are in a new world.)

I remember we have’d this type of problems some years ago with CD/DVD Speed in BenQ forum…

Apologise for not being enough precise with my description!
I want to demostrate that a CD-R (my mistake on preceding post) that I have has been burned on a drive owned by another subject.
is this possible?
If so it will be a good new for me!