CD/CD-R Burner Software only - DVD option not required

vbimport

hi there,
i have been battling with burning CDs using a bundled version of Direct CD on Windows 2000. i am always having problems, and want to buy some better CD/CDR burning software.
i have been doing some online research, and have checked out Alcohol 120%, Nero etc.
it seems that (quite logically) all the latest versions of burning software include DVD burning option. I don’t need to burn DVDs - I just want to burn data/audio to CDs easily.
i would like to go for nero - but nero 7 is just too much functionality and cost for my requirements - in a way an earlier version would be more appropriate, but of course they are no longer available.
can anyone advise on some cheaper / less whizzy options for my simple needs?
thx in anticipation.

I don’t know if it will help, but check out http://bwgburn.sourceforge.net. I did not like the expense of doing something that I thought should be fairly straight forward and have launched this effort to provide a free alternative.

I have a ways to go for DVD, but CD/R and CD/RW work fairly well. I have not tried this with older drives (particularly those without burn proof), but if your drive has burn proof it works fairly well.

Thanks
Sjcbulldog

For Audio CDs I’d recommend Burrrn (www.burrrn.net) , it’s free & does a decent job.

However, I tend to use Roxio v7.5 for MP3 & Audio CDs in preference to Nero. Direct CD - now called DragtoDisk - is not for Audio CDs at all.

Ebay is a good source older , cheap versions of Nero, Roxio etc.