CD case conspiracy

vbimport

You all know about the CD cases where the center hub has really hard tooth? They are not soft, perhaps fearing that the CDs will fall out, but they hold SO tightly that I almost broke the CDs trying to take them out of the hub. The CDs got bent so much when being litteraly yanked out, that you see horizontal rainbow colors showing pressure on the surface of the CD. That can’t be good for the disk. Why the hell did they do that? I rip all my CDs so I don’t have to take them out again, but for the people that don’t, taking out every day will eventually result in the CD dying, so they have to buy new CDs. That’s a corporate conspiracy.

Also with Digipaks, why would they make them? They wear so quickly, they get scratched so easily. In the end your digipaks are all have whitened edges and surface scratches and curled corners. What’s wrong with the Jewel case?

Oh well could be worse right. Try using Pro Sleeves.

[QUOTE=THE C.;2058849]Oh well could be worse right. Try using Pro Sleeves.[/QUOTE]

The CDs ripped fine, but does bending them like that damage the disk?

And wikipedia says

An opposite problem is the tabs which hold the liner notes in place; sometimes, especially with larger booklets, the tabs grip the booklet too tightly, leading to tearing. Likewise, when replacing the booklet it can get snagged and crumple up or rip. As noted above some CD releases have only two tabs, which allows the booklet to be easily removed and replaced (at the small cost of the booklet sometimes falling out if held the wrong way).

So they basically want the disk and manual damaged when sold to you, so you will keep buying them again? Like the LPs in the past?

The CDs and cases are virtually free to manufacture, selling for 15-20 dollars I think they can afford to make higher quality CDs and cases. The cases in the local computer store at 30 cent retail value are very high quality, the companies are probably too cheap to use them.

Edit: Do the sleeves scratch the CDs?

[QUOTE=Goit;2058854]The CDs ripped fine, but does bending them like that damage the disk?

And wikipedia says

So they basically want the disk and manual damaged when sold to you, so you will keep buying them again? Like the LPs in the past?

The CDs and cases are virtually free to manufacture, selling for 15-20 dollars I think they can afford to make higher quality CDs and cases. The cases in the local computer store at 30 cent retail value are very high quality, the companies are probably too cheap to use them.

Edit: Do the sleeves scratch the CDs?[/QUOTE]

I use CaseLogic Pro Sleeves to store all my cd’s. I have been using them for over 10 years. I can fit 400 disks in one of my CaseLogic 3 drawer cabinets I have 12 cabitnets in all. I use to do the same thing for my old LP’s. The cloth inside the thin sleeve has never scratched any of my disks. Plus they hold all your liner notes and case labels all in one!

[QUOTE=THE C.;2058859]I use CaseLogic Pro Sleeves to store all my cd’s. I have been using them for over 10 years. I can fit 400 disks in one of my CaseLogic 3 drawer cabinets I have 12 cabitnets in all. I use to do the same thing for my old LP’s. The cloth inside the thin sleeve has never scratched any of my disks. Plus they hold all your liner notes and case labels all in one![/QUOTE]

What are the Caselogic pros?

So with them you don’t have to deal with the cases anymore?

[QUOTE=Goit;2061285]What are the Caselogic pros?

So with them you don’t have to deal with the cases anymore?[/QUOTE]

Correct! I believe the web site is caselogic.com look for their media storge cases and cabinets. I think you will like what you see. “ProSleeves” are the type I use they have many types.

I use 40 CD Wallet’s for my optical discs. They are $1.00 at the 99 Cent store.

[QUOTE=slytrans69;2062535]They are $1.00 at the 99 Cent store.[/QUOTE]

Lol, a logical fallacy.