CD Burning

I once had software that “totaled” the volume of files as I moved them into a file to be written to a CD (after I had the file full but not overfilled). I no longer have that on my new computer, but wish I had. I now only have Roxio and if I overfill the file to be written, it copies just a little of it onto CD and then ejects the CD, which is then unusable. I’m open solutions of any kind.

What Version are you using of Roxio? (Example 6, 7 or 8)

Using Roxio CD Creator Classic there is a space avil. bar on the bottom of the screen on the older ones and the newer ones show a CD/DVD and it will turn gold for space you have on the disk and change color when it is full. Just remember CD’s have 700MB or 650MB and DVD Single layers have 4.7. It will give you a number count on space avil. on all Roxio Suite going back to 5.5. Also a little window will pop up if you go ver the space on the disk, too. Hope this helps, I am a fan of Roxio over Nero, can you tell? :slight_smile:

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Can you tell which of this mess is the version number? Once I know, what do I do with it?

My main concern is knowing when I have overloaded the file I intend to burn.

Bill Cromer

Module Name: Roxio Creator LE - Dell Edition
Build: 2.4.32a
Serial Number:
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005
Module Name: PX Engine
Build: 2.2.54a, 68
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2004
Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio
Version: 2.0.4
Build: 204B28C, RCB
Serial Number:
Module Name: Home
Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Copy
Build: 204B28D, RCB
Serial Number:
Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Data
Build: 204B37C, RCB
Serial Number:
Module Name: Launch Backup
Build: 204B37C, RCB

This is an OEM preinstalled on your computer right?

Also looks like you have both Sonic and Roxio on one machine. This will create problems and conflicts. You will have to remove one or the other. I would keep Roxio since it was preinstalled or purchase newer version of either software you keep. This Roxio Suite is a Dell exclusive, and is a scale down version of the Retail version you can buy online or in stores. Its like a freebie with purchase of your computer.

I’ll suggest Burrrn! before someone else does…excellent purpose built software that is free.

http://www.burrrn.net/

Then there is the FREE CD Burner from the author of Free CD Ripper 1.6. Check out Koyotesoft.com to see what he offers.
I also use Ashampoo’s Burning Studio 7 and the Music Studio for some other tasks. These are not free-but have reasonable pricing and are not bloatware.
I will never reinstall Roxio or Nero on any machine of mine or a client in the future-free and shareware are alive and really very good options. That’s my 2 cents