CD burning works, DVD burning not

vbimport

i can burn cds but every time i try to burn movie files to dvd it tells me burn failed i use convertx never had problem with my old phillips make:(

[QUOTE=katedeegan;2083736]i can burn cds but every time i try to burn movie files to dvd it tells me burn failed i use convertx never had problem with my old phillips make:([/QUOTE]

What is the exact model you have? And what kinda of media are you using and what is the burn speed? Did you test to see if the files worked properly before burning? What format are the files in? What version of convertx are you using? You gave a general problem error but didn’t include much in specifics to give much to go on. What is the firmware and age of your burner unit as well?

pioneer 115d, yes the files burn on daugters computer she took them with her on flash card.tried tdk and phillips discs write speed 20 but tried on other speeds too as low as 2 to see if it worked still get burn failed. latest convertx files in avi

So you have an avi file that CX2DVD won’t convert and burn properly?
Lower the write speed to 6x-8x… 2X is too low IMO! …And maybe better media might help…Are you getting an error?