CD Burning/Reading Problems

I own a Toshiba Laptop computer which is windows based. I use iTunes for all my music and audio files/CD playing etc. I have had it for over a year now.
I have never had any problems until 2 nights ago. I use Bearshare for my downloads. I tried to use Limewire and I feel it trigured something in my computer. I tried to burn a CD (never had an issue before) and it gives me an iTunes message that says “CD burner/drive is in use by another application” It doesnt say what application or where to find it. When I click on that drive it is empty. When I click on Task manager to see if anything else is running, there is nothing else running. I tried to put in an audio CD bought from the store and now it doesn’t read that either. I put in a DVD though and it played fine, so hte drive is functioning fine. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? I erased and deleted all Limewire stuff. How do I reset that drive to be able to read audio again and how do I get iTunes to burn and read CD’s and be my default program for audio again. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Please read the rules of this forum.

Cross posting like you’ve done is against the forum rules.

Anyone who wishes to discuss about this matter can do so in this other thread.

Thread closed :cop: