CD Burning Help!

I have a bunch of long sound files that are mono and don’t take up near the space of a regular mp3. So, I should be able to fit a lot more of them on a CD-r. However, using EZ CD Creator, when making an audio CD, it only lets me put 80 minutes worth of music on them. If I use the files to make a data CD, there is still a ton of room left. It burns all of the waves as one track, though, so that won’t work.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Tommy:confused:

Apparently you are confusing 2 things (or Ez CD Creator is).

When you burn Wav files as an Audio CD the filesize does not matter, it is the minutes of playing time that counts.

If you burn it as a data CD, then the filesize does matter and the playing time is of no importance.

It all depends on what you are trying to do, do you want to create a CD that you can play in any CD player, hence create an audio CD, or do you just want to store the wav files onto CD so you can listen to them in Winamp or mediaplayer?

So is there anyway I can burn more than 80 minutes onto a CD if the waves are mono quality and, despite being 80 minutes long, are not very big files at all? Is there anyway I can accomplish such a feat?

In short…
No

As said in my previous note, you can not burn more than 80 minutes (slight overburning excepted when your burner supports it) just because the files are smaller in size…

Only way is to edit the wav files and cut playing time in half (but that would speed up playing speed and result in high voices and other distortions)

YES YOU CAN WRITE OVER 80 MIN UTES OF MUSIC ON A CD. YOU JUST NEED TO MODIFY WAV FILES TO MP3 FILES. YOU CAN FIND FREE SOFTWARE THAT CAN DO THAT JOB FOR YOU.,AS CD’N’GO. HTTP://WWW.CDNGO.COM AND THEN YOU CAN USE WINAMP OR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER TO LISTEN TO THIS FILES. :wink:

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT AFTER YOU MODIFY *.WAV FILES TO *.MP3 FILES YOU MUST BURN YOUR CD AS DATA CD. ALSO YOU CAN USE WINDOWS AUDIOCONVERTER COMING WITH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 7.0 MPLAYER PACK TO CONVERT FILES TO *.WMA FORMAT. SAME FORMAT AS *.MP3 BUT LITTLE SMALLER IN SPACE. DON’T KNOW WHICH OF TWO FORMATS HAVE THE BETTER QUALITY BUT AS YOUR SOUNDS ARE MONO THINK QUALITY NOT IMPORTANT AT THIS POINT.:slight_smile:

Biggeo, what’s the use?
You can’t play mp3’s on your stereo!!