CD burner

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I have an HP Pavilion dv6871 laptop with Windows Vista (32-bit Aero) with a DVD-RW drive, and I’m trying to convert my analog library of mixed tapes to CD-Rs. I already have software to record the analog music and split it into separate tracks. However, sometimes individuals songs are run together–either deliberately segued, cross-faded, or separated by background noise, like the applause in a live performance–and I want them to be burned as separate tracks but still sounding run together when played in sequence. Trouble is, Windows Media Player ALWAYS inserts a 2-second silence between any two tracks, whether one wants one or not. QUESTION: Is there any CD-burning software for a reasonable price that lets you omit and/or control the length of the gaps? (After all, individual tracks on commercial CDs aren’t always separated by silent periods.)

Reach me at Email removed

It isn’t safe to leave your email out in plain site…you’ll be deluged with spam. I’ve therefore removed it. You’ll have to look for replies to your inquiry here in this thread.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=RobertGustafsonII;2281349]and I want them to be burned as separate tracks but still sounding run together when played in sequence. Trouble is, Windows Media Player ALWAYS inserts a 2-second silence between any two tracks, whether one wants one or not. QUESTION: Is there any CD-burning software for a reasonable price that lets you omit and/or control the length of the gaps?[/QUOTE]Nero supports zero gap length between two tracks. Even the OEM version “Nero Essentials” for a couple of local currency units does. Unless you are running Vista, I’d go for version 6.6 or 7.10. (The latter should be Vista compatible)

Excact Audio Copy has a built-in burning engine, that also supports zero length gaps. And it’s a freebie.

Michael

Where can I order the (Vista-compatible) Nero CD-burner software, and about how much does it cost (in U.S. dollars)?

Also, where do I go to get Exact Audio Copy? (And since it’s a “freebie”, is there any catch?)

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

easy via google.

No catches, just good software - the guys on here are good and won’t stitch you up

Direct download link.

As said above; no catches. Just read the guides linked in above post before using this app. :flower:

Just thought I would post this for burning with EAC.It is not intended as a complete tutorial.
If your using already ripped .wav’s as the OP would have from cassette tapes.
I would put the .wav files from each cassette tape in its own folder .
Then with EAC select WRi at the left side of the GUI.
From the Layout pulldown menu.
Load the .wavs from the folder using “Append Files as New Track (Index 1)” .Make sure to uncheck “Add 2 sec gap on append”.
Then from the CD-R pulldown "Write CD"
I haven’t worked with .wav’s ripped from cassete tapes so I don’t know what software you need to tag with .If you want the songs tagged.

I tried following Cholla’s directions for placing WAV files from the hard drive onto a CD-R using Exact Audio Copy – going to WRI…, Append Files to Track 1…, Write CD…–and on starting the 3rd step–EAC aborts the write with a “Can’t find TOC file C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\cddao\cddao.toc – no such file exists”! What gives? (Does “toc” stand for “table of contents”, and how am I supposed to create this file in advance?)

EAC’s Forum helped me with the above problem, but now it gives me a “Write error; load/eject; invalid field in CDB” error at the end of each write attempt. Do you have any idea what this is all about or how to fix it?