Cd burner not working properlly

vbimport

Hi, i have an asus A6JEz laptop and I’m having problems with my cd burner.
I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D.
My Driver is: 5.1.2535.0 and the Driver Date is 7/1/2001 .
I have no problems burning DVDs,playing DVDS, playing CD’s but i can’t seem to be able to properly burn any CD’s.

I’ve tried using windows media player, magiciso, nero burning rom and isobuster and none of them work. Its not the cd-r’s that are the problem either becaus i can burn them downstairs on my desktop perfectly. Its not the file im trying to burn either because i cant burn anything mp3’s, iso’s,bin’s cue’s.

What happens when i try to burn a cd is that everything goes fine and the program goes up to 100% and the cd pops out, no errors or anything. Put then when i put the cd back in to launch it or to play the music nothing starts and the cd appears to be empty.

I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Have you tried another brand of CDs? In the past I had that problem(didnt know enough to look into fixing it then though), and switching CD media fixed the problem at the time. You could try updating firmware or checking if the CDs are properly recognized in CDSpeed. Don’t buy just any brand of CD media as most is made by the same manufacturer. We need to know your CD firmware and media ID to find a solution most likely though. You’ll need to download CDSpeed from: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ and then check for what’s circled in this pic:

Welcome To CDF’s:

Also include the speed you used to burn your discs please.

Ok thank you.
I was burning it at 24x

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Moser Baer
MID : 97m17s06f
Write speeds: : 4 X - 10 X - 16 X - 20 X - 24 X
Capacity: : 79:59.74
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - D0 00 A0 00 61 11 06 00 4F 3B 4A 00 00 00 80 00 - …a…O;J…
0010 - 00 80 00 00 00 80 80 00 - …

I dont think its the problem of the cd though. Because i tried burning some of them on my desktop and it worked perfectly. But if i try to burn them here on my laptop it just doesn’t work?

@ Peteves,

Suggest ensuring that your LapTop DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date [B]FIRMWARE[/B] (note Firmware not Diver) available installed. The “Driver” is part of the Windows System Operating.

Also CD-R Media manufactured by Moser Baer India isn’t noted to be quality error free Media. Suggest obtaining known proven quality Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim which consistently produces quality error free results. Also suggest not Burning you media at Maximum speed but at a speed slightly lower than the Media Rated speed.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2021031]@ Peteves,

Suggest ensuring that your LapTop DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date [B]FIRMWARE[/B] (note Firmware not Diver) available installed. The “Driver” is part of the Windows System Operating.

Also CD-R Media manufactured by Moser Baer India isn’t noted to be quality error free Media. Suggest obtaining known proven quality Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim which consistently produces quality error free results. Also suggest not Burning you media at Maximum speed but at a speed slightly lower than the Media Rated speed.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Maxell Pro at 16x are error free guaranteed!

[quote=bjkg;2021031]@ Peteves,

Regards,
bjkg[/quote]

Alright cool i’ll try doing it at 16x or something. BTW does anyone happen to know where i can get the newest firmware for my TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D. Its in an ASUS laptop.